Shakazulu

Ideas lost in language

33 posts in this topic

Language is limited. More limited than the mind and ideas/concepts. And the mind is limited compared to the whole system. 

11 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

Can ideas be masked behind language? 

Only if you believe that there is a possibility of communication with 'others'.
Any understanding you read from this post is your own.
Anything you ever know about anybody is your projection.

There are no ideas in language. You make them up as you piece these words together.
I am you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 hours ago, tsuki said:

Only if you believe that there is a possibility of communication with 'others'.
Any understanding you read from this post is your own.
Anything you ever know about anybody is your projection.

There are no ideas in language. You make them up as you piece these words together.
I am you.

Although each word implies an idea. No ? 

@tsuki if ideas are masked by language and we create our own interpretations. are there ideas & questions you've constructed through your perception that I have not or perhaps never will? Vice versa 

10 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Although each word implies an idea. No ? 

No. Ideas are not contained in words. You make them up as you read these strings of letters.

How did ideas become associated with words? Let's look at an idea of a vase.
I know that something is a vase because somebody pointed to this vase and said 'vase'. But how do I know that other objects are vases as well?
I encountered different kinds of vases and saw similarities between them. Now somebody may ask: "what is a vase"? I may respond with:

A vase is a cylindrical object used to contain water and a plant.

But that is not a vase. Vase is this or that. That are words. Problem starts when you think about:

• What is a cylinder?
  • What is object?
  • What is to use?
  • What is to contain?
  • What is water?
  • What is plant?
  • What the fuck is 'is', 'and', 'or', 'this' and 'that'?

To explain an idea you need to understand more ideas. You need to not notice that you don't understand them.
Nobody can explain what is 'is'!

Not to mention more complex ideas such as 'god'. There is nothing I can point to that is god! Pointing at anything is god. God is a tautology. Yet we talk about gods all the time. We use gods to explain lots of things.

Language is literal magic. Nobody can explain this shit, and yet this shit is used to explain!

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, tsuki said:

No. Ideas are not contained in words. You make them up as you read these strings of letters.

How did ideas become associated with words? Let's look at an idea of a vase.
I know that something is a vase because somebody pointed to this vase and said 'vase'. But how do I know that other objects are vases as well?
I encountered different kinds of vases and saw similarities between them. Now somebody may ask: "what is a vase"? I may respond with:

A vase is a cylindrical object used to contain water and a plant.

But that is not a vase. Vase is this or that. That are words. Problem starts when you think about:

• What is a cylinder?
  • What is object?
  • What is to use?
  • What is to contain?
  • What is water?
  • What is plant?
  • What the fuck is 'is', 'and', 'or', 'this' and 'that'?

To explain an idea you need to understand more ideas. You need to not notice that you don't understand them.
Nobody can explain what is 'is'!

Not to mention more complex ideas such as 'god'. There is nothing I can point to that is god! Pointing at anything is god. God is a tautology. Yet we talk about gods all the time. We use gods to explain lots of things.

Language is literal magic. Nobody can explain this shit, and yet this shit is used to explain!

Hehehe 

yeah 

The word is not the “thing” hehe 

i shared that with some fam the other night. They about stoned me to death 

@tsuki

Although we as “humans” do formulate ideas by words. 

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Shakazulu said:

@tsuki if ideas are masked by language and we create our own interpretations. are there ideas & questions you've constructed through your perception that I have not or perhaps never will? Vice versa 

Can you re-formulate this question? I'm having a hard time understanding it.

Ideas are not masked by language.
If you think that you need to 'plan' your use of language and its results are ideas to transmit - notice this:
When you talk to somebody, you are not aware of the mechanism you use to talk. 
Your mouth and vocal chords move by themselves. You do not blow your lungs.
You do not move your hands to tap your keyboard. They move by themselves.

Try to align your mouth and blow your lungs to mimic a sound you make when you say 'vase'.
Try to manually tense your muscles to produce a movement that taps letters 'v' 'a' 's' 'e'.
It's impossible!

You are (the) talking. You are (the) language.
Language is hollistic. There is no you that is not language when you express ideas.

The same goes the other way around. When you read these sentences, you are not piecing the letters together manually.
You are not moving your eyes. You are the text. Everything you make of it is you. It appears out of thin air, just like that.

That is the God's creation at work. You literally, physically, create me (@tsuki) out of nothingness.
This is why there is no you. Everything you see is you. You are 'out there' not 'trapped inside with your ideas' behind the curtain of language.

There is no language!

Edited by tsuki

4 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@tsuki I'll take time to digest this 

@Shakazulu Make sure to post back. Language was an important path to many of my realizations.

30 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@Faceless you have family to share this with? 

@Shakazulu My fiancee also likes to hear about this stuff :)
In small doses, but still :) I can talk about this for hours.

40 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@Faceless you have family to share this with? 

O_o?

Only you guys?

1 hour ago, Shakazulu said:

@tsuki you are blessed 

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

@tsukiAlthough we as “humans” do formulate ideas by words. 

Like I said: there is no such thing as an 'idea' when you talk. When you talk, you are (the) talking.
Ideas arise when one talks about talking, writes about writing and thinks about thinking.

1 hour ago, TylerJ said:

Is this what Non-duality is because I had this realization a couple weeks ago and it fucking blew my mind. 

??♥️♥️♥️

Just wait man.  It’s quite unbelievable. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

22 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Thank you.

Like I said: there is no such thing as an 'idea' when you talk. When you talk, you are (the) talking.
Ideas arise when one talks about talking, writes about writing and thinks about thinking.

I see that.?

what I meant was “we” as humans are not aware of that. 

Which brings about confusion.