Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
songfeather

Glimpses and not fighting enlightenment

5 posts in this topic

hi guys, im new here and I've been furiously researching this for only a few months, however, I had a acid trip 4 years ago which brought me all these things which I now know as an enlightenment experience. For two weeks after it happened i went around telling my lived ones, I am god!! We are all god inside!. I thought maybe I had gone crazy and so therefore I let it go from my mind, yet it always remained in some fashion.  Through most years of my life I've had pa ice attacks, in which for no reason, I would what I would call at the time, understanding reality. I was taught in y religion growing up that knowledge was wrong so o fought this. My ego fought these glimpses and my ego would have a full blown panic attack. These past few months have brought glimpses again, and now after all my research i u derstand what it is, but I still have an underlying fear of what another lucid (without led) enlightenment will cause. I wonder if other people, who before doing any learning on the subject, have had pa ice attacks from the deep knowing that came about. Also i wonder if now deeper glimpses and full blown knowing will have the same panic affect.

Thank you

Start meditation and don't stop walking on the path again. Stay on the path of love for the rest of your life. 

Get to know who you are. Meditation will make everything clear. You had glimpses but that doesn't mean you should not practice.

Be willing to try and feel the panic attacks (easier said than done) but when you feel it starting, be with the feeling (allow the mind to continue the commentary) but put your focus on the feeling...

After awhile (maybe the first time) you will notice that it is the ''thinking about having a panic attack, and what it could do'' is much worse than actually just feeling it....when you just feel it, it will not have the same affect to when you are fighting against it, or trying to ''resolve it''...

You could always start with unpleasant feelings, then work on panic attacks...no need to dive right in at the deep end at the start ;)

I have panic attacks almost everyday. But when you know you grow and re-consolidate your ego frequently you enter that panic attack and bliss arise. Don't run from it, embrace.

Thank you very much foe your suggestions! Reminds me what Rupert Spira says about that fear. I will do my best to keep this in mind the next time this feeling arises.