Shakazulu

Spiritual Practice

24 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, who chit said:

Unless the practice leads to inner silence,stillness I would say drop it. If you're after experiences then do whatever practices you believe will provide those experiences.

Metaphysical does not imply Spiritual. While spiritual practices can and do produce various experiences,that's not the the reason to be doing them. Spiritual practices are for one reason only and that is to help facilitate the realization of your true nature. Based on that,choose a method or a couple of methods and stick to it consistently. Or until you feel there would be a need to to add,remove or try something else. The main standard of effectiveness for a spiritual practice is if your everyday life gets steadily better. More joy,clarity,patience etc.,
Metaphysical experiences should be considered"scenery". Enjoy them when they happen but don't get attached and start chasing for more. They come and go and dissipate after a while and are not the goal.

Anyway,hope this provided some clarity.

Well said?

53 minutes ago, who chit said:

Sadhguru? He's all over youtube.
If you're talking about the one I learned the deeper Kriya from,no,he doesn't have any videos. He doesn't claim any "guru" status. He considered himself a fellow journeyman. I haven't spoken to him in quite awhile though. I assume he still teaches.

I don't anything about NJ/NYC, I live far south from there.

Ok, thanks! It's awesome that you found that guy!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

In my experience when i ditched all the books and ideas, and made Breath as my last breath on life each breath, i saw ''IT''. And the picture of ''IT'' is more clearer every day.