Shakazulu

Spiritual Practice

24 posts in this topic

All my metaphysical books are throwing daily practices at me like curve balls. I'm already up to eight daily. How does one fit in more/ should one fit in more practices?

Unless the practice leads to inner silence,stillness I would say drop it. If you're after experiences then do whatever practices you believe will provide those experiences.

Metaphysical does not imply Spiritual. While spiritual practices can and do produce various experiences,that's not the the reason to be doing them. Spiritual practices are for one reason only and that is to help facilitate the realization of your true nature. Based on that,choose a method or a couple of methods and stick to it consistently. Or until you feel there would be a need to to add,remove or try something else. The main standard of effectiveness for a spiritual practice is if your everyday life gets steadily better. More joy,clarity,patience etc.,
Metaphysical experiences should be considered"scenery". Enjoy them when they happen but don't get attached and start chasing for more. They come and go and dissipate after a while and are not the goal.

Anyway,hope this provided some clarity.

@who chit I appreciate this a lot. It's just certain books I'm reading, I'm like 40% into a book then BOOM " practice this for 15 minutes daily dadada " then I'm like damn! I really wanna continue this book but what's the point if I'm not doing the excersizes 

@who chit the big leap, loving what is, enlightenment through path of the khundalini by Tara springett, Kriya secrets revealed. On top of these I'm practicing mediation daily, Khundalini, visualization, affirmations, life purpose contemplation, another life purpose contemplation activity, holotropic breath work once a week, a khundalini excerise from Tara's booklet and a excercise from the big leap about 4x a week - then there's daily task for my LP which is another story 

It looks like you're going for a self development/self improvement/self realization/truth combo. If this is the case, take it easy on the kundalini practices. Kriya is  very much a powerful method on it's own and combining it with another kundalini practice is playing with fire. With holotropic breathing you're essentially stacking 3 kundalini practices. If the kundalini activates on a nervous system not sufficiently prepared for, and able to handle it,you're in for a shit storm of mental and physical chaos that could last for months,possibly years. I would consider picking one that you find the most suitable doing daily and dropping the other two. Meditation is fine,but consider dropping the duration if you're doing more than 25-30 min. a day.

The other methods of life purpose,big leap I'm not too familiar with, but as far as the spiritual stuff goes take it easy.

@who chit I'm doing the beginner kriya pose, the other khundalini excercise I'm doing is just forgiveness. Making a list of those who've hurt me and forgiving them daily. I'm past the thirty day mark for the khundalini and last Friday during my session I seen something quite interesting 

Kriya for around 2 years now.
Meditation is based on TM or transcendental meditation.
Self Inquiry/Jnana Yoga

These three alone led to awakening,this is why I say take it easy with the spiritual stuff. A guru initiated me into Kriya ,which helps speed up the process towards awakening.  The last 4 months or so there has been a reduction in the practices as the abiding state has become more stable.

Edited by who chit

@who chit

Could you elaborate more about the kriya that you do? :) Where did you find a kriya guru? :D

You cannot love what you need.

I was initially initiated by Sadhguru for the Shambhavi Kriya,which I did for about 4 months. The initiation process is significant in that it is an energetic process of transference. I was skeptical and thought it was mumbo-jumbo, but during the process I experienced an energy I've never felt before surge through the body. I was no longer a skeptic afterward,loll.. So,if you can find a guru who can do this, it does make a significant difference as far as the spiritual path is concerned.

This energy was driving me hard so after the four months,I looked for a deeper Kriya practice and found a yogi who practiced a modified form of what's presented in the Kriya secrets book. He also taught the TM based meditation I still practice. Self Inquiry just became a natural process on it's own.

Edited by who chit

@who chit

3 hours ago, who chit said:

I was initially initiated by Sadhguru for the Shambhavi Kriya,which I did for about 4 months. The initiation process is significant in that it is an energetic process of transference. I was skeptical and thought it was mumbo-jumbo, but during the process I experienced an energy I've never felt before surge through the body. I was no longer a skeptic afterward,loll.. So,if you can find a guru who can do this, it does make a significant difference as far as the spiritual path is concerned.

This energy was driving me hard so after the four months,I looked for a deeper Kriya practice and found a yogi who practiced a modified form of what's presented in the Kriya secrets book. He also taught the TM based meditation I still practice. Self Inquiry just became a natural process on it's own.

This is very nice to hear! :)

I've myself experienced initiation into shambhavi 2months ago. I Feel very blessed that this new energy is flowing inside of me :D Haven't skipped a day without it :D

Why did you descide to look for a different yogi instead of being initiatiated into shoonya meditation ?

I've myself experienced initiation into shambhavi 2months ago. I Feel very blessed that this new energy is flowing inside of me  Haven't skipped a day without it

Nice. It's a great practice and the energy will grow as you continue. The way it works is individual to each person,so don't relate what's happening with one person to your own progression. For me,it just took over. When I say it was driving me hard,it was driving me to seek Truth in a very intense way. This was not even a consideration prior to learning the kriya. I was there to learn it as part of living a healthy lifestyle,but as I continued, the drive to seek a spiritual path gained more intensity. By the fourth month,the intensity was full on. I didn't choose the path,it chose for me,lol.

Why did you decide to look for a different yogi instead of being initiatiated into shoonya meditation ?

I live in the south east (U.S.) and he doesn't make it to U.S, very often,much less this side of the country. And like I said,this thing was a full on driving force. Even if I wanted to wait and travel,there wasn't much choice in the matter,lol.. I found the closest source I could to learn Kriya and the path to truth was on. To give an idea of how intense the energy was for me, I "awakened" within a year,and it certainly was not expected. The practices since then have been for the permanent abiding of that awakening.

I want to reiterate the fact that experience is individual,so don't go expecting the same results or experience as mine. What is right for you,is right for you and will happen in it's own way. I definitely could not have foreseen any of what has happened.. It was just supposed be an all around body/mind practice for health and it turned into something very different,lol.

I have no doubt Shoonya would be a great practice to learn. And if he does an initiation with that...well I can only imagine,lol.

Edited by who chit

I recall him saying something like,"I'll provide the energy,the question is,can you take the heat"?
He's for real,no doubt.

Edited by who chit

@who chit

Does your guru has any videos on youtube about practices, lectures, etc?

Do you know any good Kriya yoga place in the NJ/NYC area?

:)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

5 hours ago, who chit said:

I recall him saying something like,"I'll provide the energy,the question is,can you take the heat"?
He's for real,no doubt.

Reminded me of this quote from sadhguru 

If you are in the ashram or not and I have seen you or not, whoever you are, do not worry. Even if I do not know your name, if you are doing your sadhana and keeping your system prepared, we will attend to it when it is time. We do not necessarily need to talk to you about it. You just get your system prepared; we will do the rest. #Sadhguru 

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/sadhguru/spot/intensifying-inner-dimension/

Edited by Salvijus

5 hours ago, who chit said:

For me,it just took over. When I say it was driving me hard,it was driving me to seek Truth in a very intense way. This was not even a consideration prior to learning the kriya. I was there to learn it as part of living a healthy lifestyle,but as I continued, the drive to seek a spiritual path gained more intensity. By the fourth month,the intensity was full on..

This is what happens when you sit with him even for a moment :D

You need to understand, all of you – once you step here, whether you sit here for two days or for the rest of your life, you have made the mistake of sitting with me. Once you made the mistake of sitting with me, you are on the spiritual path. Either you walk willingly and joyfully, or you cry and yell – we’ll drag you anyway. It would be nice for all of us if you walk this joyfully. It would be pleasant for the world around us if you walk this joyfully. But if you are the crying kind, we will bear with you, but we’ll still drag you on. (Laughs).
Sadhguru

Edited by Salvijus

14 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

This is what happens when you sit with him even for a moment :D

You need to understand, all of you – once you step here, whether you sit here for two days or for the rest of your life, you have made the mistake of sitting with me. Once you made the mistake of sitting with me, you are on the spiritual path. Either you walk willingly and joyfully, or you cry and yell – we’ll drag you anyway. It would be nice for all of us if you walk this joyfully. It would be pleasant for the world around us if you walk this joyfully. But if you are the crying kind, we will bear with you, but we’ll still drag you on. (Laughs).
Sadhguru

Lol. He's not joking when he says this either. At least he gives fair warning.o.O

I've met and interacted with a few spiritual teachers,but he's just on another level. He's played a significant role in my life and I hold him the highest regard. Hopefully I'll get to sit with him again someday.

37 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@who chit

Does your guru has any videos on youtube about practices, lectures, etc?

Do you know any good Kriya yoga place in the NJ/NYC area?

:)

Sadhguru? He's all over youtube.
If you're talking about the one I learned the deeper Kriya from,no,he doesn't have any videos. He doesn't claim any "guru" status. He considered himself a fellow journeyman. I haven't spoken to him in quite awhile though. I assume he still teaches.

I don't anything about NJ/NYC, I live far south from there.