Empty

This May Interest You!!

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. 
I thought to show you a video of something called "Rebat" where a group of Muslim practitioners would gather together to meditate ( Muslim meditaion). We do that for sometimes 10 days, 30 days, or 40 days. Here is the link to one I am talking about. Sorry it is in French. I couldn't find any one in English. I hope you enjoy it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NbW-bxUn4g

I am interested to hear your opinions.

Hi friend, can you talk some more about Muslim-meditation?

I have no knowledge about it. In what way it is different from the more known approaches?

Blessings 

It really depends what the focus is. A lot of traditions do meditation/contemplation/mantras/recitation. You can find it in every religion. The question is, if the aim is dogmatism or liberation. Maybe you could tell what it means for you?

Edited by Toby

@An actualizer@Henri First of all thanks for sharing :) But how could it be really different from an other meditation?

They all point to the same, you can use them as support in your spiritual growth. It's more a matter of mentallity which you will prefere, don't you think so?

Meditation has different meanings to me.

I meditate on a problem when I am stuck with something. But when I am on retreat or have a few days off  I go `all in`.

@Henri I don't think there is a big difference between Muslim meditation and the other forms of meditation. However, The one I posted is practiced in the month of Ramadan every year. You will have to fast from sunrise to senset for 30 days, and you will only sleep from 8 hours a day with a quick nap in the afternoon if you want. what is happening is that you will learn discipline in terms of praise, meditation, prayer....and manners in general. I personnaly don't have a great experience in this matter because I did it only twice in my life. Once for 10 days, and another time where I was just a visitor for 3 days. Also, during this meditation, you will have to force yourself not to see the outer world. You will not see people, your familly, friends..ect. If you ask me about the whole purpose of this meditation, prayers and so on and so forth in Islam, I would say it is Ikhlas ( Faithfullness). 

There are many other things I will cover in another post. 

Thanks for your interests :)

15 hours ago, MartineF said:

@An actualizer@Henri First of all thanks for sharing :) But how could it be really different from an other meditation?

They all point to the same, you can use them as support in your spiritual growth. It's more a matter of mentallity which you will prefere, don't you think so?

Hi MartineF.

In my personal opinion, they all point to the same, in a sense, and that is self-growth. But in terms of purpose, they differ. If you ask a Sufi person, why do you meditate? he or she would say for the sake of honering, loving, worshiping God which is quit different from other traditions..ect

@An actualizer Most of the christians would tell you the same.. In my opinion, the problem is there.. Most of religious people still stand for the signpost instead of going in a direction, metaphorically speaking.. Or not?

PS Even if we don't speak about religion.. Look, how many people meditate as an end in it self..

Edited by MartineF
orthography error