Primeval

Technology

9 posts in this topic

Is anyone concerned as to where this is all leading? How about optimistic? The fact is that technology is just going to get more advanced. Is it a good thing, a bad thing, a neutral thing? Maybe it all depends on how we utilize technology? In my own thoughts, I hope for a technology that is in complete harmony and balance with Nature.

20 Years Later.jpg

Edited by Lha Bho

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I technology in harmony with nature would be so nice. But I doubt this becoming reality in the foreseeable future. As long our society is in sage orange of the graves model I think it won't happen. You can see how we are polluting our environment... Neurotic businessmen don't care about nature and at the moment these people have the money, the power.

Probably in the future when we all are already dead - and humanity still alive - the majority of our society might become green. Then they care about where the resources come from and go to.

Here's a cool possibility you might not have considered.

With the advancement of nanotechnology, brain implants and artificial intelligence, we may reach a point where we can create high consciousness pills. Pills that are filled with nano-robots, ready to spread through your brain. Then those robots can gradually restructure the neurons and synapses in your brain, literally changing who you are. After a few weeks, you would become a more compassionate, calm, rational, conscious, happy and motivated person.

How awesome would that be ? Who wouldn't buy that ? Who wouldn't give that to their children ? A good person pill ! NOT taking it would be considered immoral, if not illegal.

Right now though, most people are deeply afraid of futuristic technology such as this one. They don't seem to understand that we should promote a grandiose vision for humanity's future. Not think about the billion ways everything could go wrong.

@quantum Don't forget that Grave's model is exponential. The first stages took thousands of years to appear. The most recent ones took only decades. Expect evolution to accelerate, not to slow down.

I can totally see genetic upgrades becoming a thing.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It seems the more wrapped up in technology society gets, the more detached it becomes from nature and reality.

I look out of my window at the beautiful countryside see people walking or jogging along the road with their earphones in and a phone in their hands checking out social networking... oblivious or even afraid of the outside world.

Perhaps the future of our existance is one within a technological bubble. Much like the matrix. Heck, one day we won't need to get out of bed. Just shove on a headset and the virtual world awaits us..

Virtual world..nice idea, no need for personal development. We can just configure our preferences and update our software whenever it suits us..

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Electricity.jpg