PsiloPutty

Burps and farts are odd in Strong Determination sits

5 posts in this topic

I've only done a little over an hour as my max, but it's such an unusual feeling to sit there and notice a burp or a fart as it presents itself and wants out. Not being allowed to willfully contract any muscles means you just have to let them rise and fall, only to bubble up again in a few minutes. It's not uncomfortable, but it's a foreign thing to not give them the usual and almost instinctual help in coming out. Aside from being polite in public and holding it in for a few minutes, I can't say that I have ever experienced the long-term sensation. If they get enough power behind them, they'll come out little by little, without contracting any muscles, but it's a very odd phenomenon when you're simply observing and not participating. Kind of uncouth to talk about, but it's real.   :D

I'm happy that you meditate for one hour. Do it every day and the farts won't bother you anymore :)

(Tip: It can help if you meditate on empty a stomach)

@cirkussmile  Thank you. I also learned quickly to not chug water beforehand, which gets a lot of air in my stomach. I now drink very intentionally before, being mindful to not swallow air along with the water. Or....just don't drink before I sit.  

Holy shit, trapped wind sometimes turns into tornados. Yeah, that might make me break my pose......