electroBeam

Personal Development vs union/spiritual practices?

10 posts in this topic

What's the distinction between these 2 fields of study? 

I find that a lot of spiritual paths actually include shadow work, and in fact, a lot of techniques used to become one with god, actually end up helping you in personal development, even more effectively than specific personal development techniques.

For example, I have greatly reduced my social anxiety through self inquiry. I tried cognitive behavioural therapy, and the typical tony robbins 'exposure' technique, but results only started to happen after being aware, and questioning the thoughts that cause the fear. Either the fear gets literally eliminated (which is the dream that cognitive behavioural therapy aims for) or you end up being ok with the fear arising, and accept the fear, and end up being ok with putting yourself in those positions because you're not afraid of the fear anymore. 

What does a person who doesn't do personal development loose by only doing spirituality?

What does a person who doesn't do personal development loose by only doing spirituality?

Spirituality is fully engaging everyday ordinary situations selflessly by adapting to the potential inherent in the situation itself.

How is that different from…

… being ok with the fear arising, and accept the fear, and end up being ok with putting yourself in those positions because you're not afraid of the fear anymore. 

hmmmmm?

Spirituality is not something somewhere else limping along in an isolated capacity. Spirituality is seeing through phenomena without denying their characteristics and adapting to conditions according to the time in the midst of delusional existence without relying on one's own power.

Therefore, one's response is subtly derived of the very spiritual stuff that essentially comprises oneself in the context of the situation.

I don't see why there needs to be a dualism attached vis a vis self-refinement (personal development) and spirituality.

Spirituality, in terms of actualizing one's inherent enlightening potential, is just awakening to and gradually stabilizing one's effective intimacy with non-psychological awareness in the midst of ordinary situations unbeknownst to anyone.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

On 4/3/2018 at 9:38 AM, electroBeam said:

Spiritual journey is very long in most cases. We need personal development for our survival, so that we can continue our journey smoothly. 

We can't surrender to existence right now, we can't accept everything happening as it is, we want to survive. 

A person who doesn't do personal development will find difficulty in survival in modern society. 

In eastern civilizations , personal development was not necessary for a spiritual person to survive. 

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Even if your false self (body and all that nonsense) does die, sooner or later

Everybody is not prepared for death of physical body, almost everybody wants to survive without miseries.

On 3.04.2018 at 6:08 AM, electroBeam said:

@electroBeam Nothing.

Spirituality and self-actualization are the same drive from two different perspectives.
To choose self-actualization is to try to conquer the world.
To choose spirituality is to try to conquer yourself.

The point is to see how conquering the world makes you conquer yourself and vice versa.
To see this is to realize that you are the world and to become enlightened.

Method of arriving at this realization is through chasing your own tail.
You chase your needs and wants and try to justify them via rational mind.
You suffer because you feel empty to the point of asking 'who even am I?'.
You see no end to this and you cannot justify this journey through any means you have.
You feel exhausted, broken and beaten down.

And then, there's death.
You realize that all of this is the mechanism that makes you forget that you need to breathe and blink.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

56 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@electroBeam Nothing.

Spirituality and self-actualization are the same drive from two different perspectives.
To choose self-actualization is to try to conquer the world.
To choose spirituality is to try to conquer yourself.

The point is to see how conquering the world makes you conquer yourself and vice versa.
To see this is to realize that you are the world and to become enlightened.

Method of arriving at this realization is through chasing your own tail.
You chase your needs and wants and try to justify them via rational mind.
You suffer because you feel empty to the point of asking 'who even am I?'.
You see no end to this and you cannot justify this journey through any means you have.
You feel exhausted, broken and beaten down.

And then, there's death.
You realize that all of this is the mechanism that makes you forget that you need to breathe and blink.

Well said my friend??

@tsuki is referring to...

When one persist long in ones own folly one may become wise. 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Is there a single human being on earth who have got enlightened from personal development?

Is there a single human being that become self-actualized from spirituality?
Enlightenment is a spiritual concept. We know this because we know both paths thanks to @Leo Gura.

@Faceless Exactly.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Is there a single human being on earth who have got enlightened from personal development?

infinity, so yes

infinity will beat up the earthly mind and the ego from their iron fortresses

time and time again

when you find yourself with no ground to stand on, you will rise

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!