okulele

Darkness Retreat Strategy

16 posts in this topic

I am planning to attend a 7 days darkness retreat in about a months time.

Has anyone here done this before? What would be a good strategy for this kind of stay? What techniques would you use in there? Would you schedule a routine for yourself? Is it too crazy to take psychedelics into the dark?

Let me know what you think!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I know this is off topic but I'm curious where will you do the retreat ? 

I don't think a strategy is necessary because you can't do anything else than follow your natural flow. 

Do yoga if you know that, otherwise just meditate and rest. The experience will be different than what you expect I believed :)

The greatest challenge is to experience the same dark retreat, being awake and surrounded by light and doing the day by day life.

Namaste, Mfks!

If you can try psychedelics a low dose of mushrooms or lsd . But if this is your first dark room retreat don't use psychedelics. The darkness alone should be powerful 

@Joseph Maynor  I have LSD, psylocybin and 5-Meo in my disposal. Any ideas which ones would be good?

@herghly I have done psychedelics in a dark room setting before, but never i have never been on a dark retreat.

Please be careful. Tim Ferris spoke about taking mushrooms on a vipassana retreat and it ended up being too much

The darkness helps release chemicals naturally in your brains after a few days, why would you want to trip.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 hours ago, okulele said:

I am planning to attend a 7 days darkness retreat in about a months time.

Has anyone here done this before? What would be a good strategy for this kind of stay? What techniques would you use in there? Would you schedule a routine for yourself? Is it too crazy to take psychedelics into the dark?

Let me know what you think!

There is no strategy. You only have to wait wait wait and wait.. This is like baking a bread. You just sit and wait for it to be done. Just like that you sit in the darkness and just wait for melotonyn to build up in your brains, then experiences will come to you,  and then just enjoy those experiences.

You cannot love what you need.

Don't take any psychedelics.  By about day 5 or so you will start to hallucinate 'virtual reality' type hallucinations.  I was literally projecting a cave onto my dark apartment and then fairly vivid figures (only getting more colourful and defined as time went on) were surrounding me and dancing/moving.  The hallucinations came on rather gradually and all I really had for the first few days was a flashing strobe light every now and then and then some geometric shapes becoming more and more colourful which would serve as a sort of net which later created the projector like hallucinations.  I made a video going into detail about my week long retreat and planning on doing 2 weeks later i the year because it was getting more and more hectic as time went on.  Also had a brief non-dual experience when waking up out of a dream which reminded me of my 5meo trip I did a few months ago.  I felt subtle signs of 5meo getting released towards the end of the week too, especially during sleep.  I was feeling a subtle but similar quality of bliss that I experienced when I smoked the toad last October.  It blew my mind seeing the dark come alive before my eyes without taking a single thing.  Goosebumps all over when the first circus performer-like character came dancing right up in my face.  Even had cheerleader strippers in there dancing with me at one point ;)  If you stick with the video you will hear me describe some scenes I experienced towards the end.

As has been said, I'd think a darkness retreat would be enough of a natural psychedelic on its own, so I wouldn't be taking any ground mushroom capsules on the retreat if it were me. Not that I don't have the curiosity to wonder what a 3-hour darkness meditation sit would be like on 2g of cubes. It could be incredible. 

Thank you for all your replies. I think I will just stick to the darkness with no psychedelics and trust the process.

Mods!

How about making this the official dark room retreat thread?