Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,150 posts in this topic

I have a question about Ocean Breath also known as Ujjayi Pranayama. The recommended technique says to inhale from the nose and exhale from the mouth. 
Is the technique still effective if you inhale from the mouth? 

@Shakazulu Yes but I think the standard is to do it all through the nose. The point is to slow down the breath effortlessly and make the breath consistent and smooth. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Posted (edited)

@martins name perfect thank you :) are there any other lessons in the book you find very important? I’ve even completed the higher kriyas. I’m ready to accelerate. 

Edited by Shakazulu

Posted (edited)

On 28/06/2024 at 2:48 AM, -Rowan said:

Hello folks. It’s been a while since I posted on the forum. Anyone who has had 6 months to a year to compare between Sadhguru’s Shambhavi Mahamudra vs a traditional Kriya routine as outlined in the books?

I’m wondering which has more benefits in terms of concentration, mental clarity, focus, enhanced consciousness. I have switched between both (6 months each) and I’m liking the physical health benefits from Shambhavi but don’t go as deep in meditation as traditional kriya.

@-Rowan Make sure you are doing Shukya Kriya right (the pranayama part).

Is crucial to set the ambient and intensity for next steps that come in the practice.

The trick for Shukya Kriya is, focus absolutely on breathing, and make sure you are doing really really slow. 

Also make sure your back is completely straight and your arms are aligned as they should. 

Edited by Javfly33

@ShakazuluI don't find Steven's kriya very powerful. It's all about bliss. If it's blissful then it's powerful. I prefer SantataGamana's method. If you want to accelerate then SantataGamana's Kriya Supreme Fire is the best.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Posted (edited)

@Ayham thank you brother, so I need to read The yoga of consciousness or kriya yoga exposed? I’ve read kundalini exposed and the secret power of kriya yoga 

Edited by Shakazulu

@Shakazulu read kriya exposed, then yoga of consciousness (optional but useful)

I hope all you bad boys have been doing your kriyas B|