egoless

Recommend meditation books

8 posts in this topic

Which meditation and visualization technique books do you recommend me to master every meditation technique? Tell me the best ones out there please. From the best teachers.

Thank you!

Edited by egoless

Meditation: The First and Last Freedom

by Osho

Osho's words on the discipline of meditation.

Meditation is an adventure, the greatest adventure the human mind can undertake. Meditation is just to be, not doing anything--no action, no thought, no emotion. You just are and it is a sheer delight. From where does this delight come when you are not doing anything? It comes from nowhere, or it comes from everywhere. It is uncaused, because existence is made of the stuff called joy!

Meditation is not an Indian method; it is not simply a technique. You cannot learn it. It is a growth: a growth of your total living, out of your total living. Meditation is not something that can be added to you as you are. It cannot be added to you; it can only come to you through a basic transformation, a mutation. It is a flowering, a growth. Growth is always from the total' it is not an addition. Just like love, it cannot be added to you.

It grows out of you, out of your totality.

You must grow toward meditation.

https://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Meditation/Meditation_The_First_And_Last_Freedom.pdf

(Download in pdf)

Meditation book by Sally Kempton is incredible to say the least. However it is a bit complicated, so you must take your time reading it. 

Change your life change your thoughts goes into the Toa Te Ching. Explains it very carefully it is nice.

I really like neti neti meditation. It is small but packs a big punch.

@dude neti neti is for beginners :D I need something much more advanced.

Self-inquiry:

Be As you Are - Ramana Maharshi, edited by David Godman.  Godman does a great job of breaking down Ramana's teachings in each section of the book, along with Q/A provided of Ramana answering questions on self-inquiry.

Being Aware of Being Aware - Rupert Spira

The Truth is/Wake up and Roar - two books by Papaji covering his discourses. Self-inquiry heavily discussed.