Leo Gura

Half-Assing Yoga

14 posts in this topic

I see a lot of confusion and misunderstanding about Kriya yoga, and yoga in general.

A lot of people are attempting to dabble in it. Which will not work.

So I shot a new video about how to start yoga properly. It will be released on my blog in the next day or two.

In a nutshell: DO NOT HALF-ASS YOGA! Yoga must be done rigorously, or not at all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's a good point.  I'm on board.  It seems like a great avenue to explore.

This reminds me of...

Mr. Miyagi telling the karate kid,

"Either you do karate yes or karate no. Karate in between, you get squashed like a grape."

Same goes for yoga,

"Either you do yoga yes or yoga no. Yoga in between, you get squashed like a grape."

:)

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

This reminds me of...

Mr. Miyagi telling the karate kid,

"Either you do karate yes or karate no. Karate in between, you get squashed like a grape."

Same goes for yoga,

"Either you do yoga yes or yoga no. Yoga in between, you get squashed like a grape."

:)

The perfect Yoga is probably Jiu-Jitsu.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I see a lot of confusion and misunderstanding about Kriya yoga, and yoga in general.

A lot of people are attempting to dabble in it. Which will not work.

So I shot a new video about how to start yoga properly. It will be released on my blog in the next day or two.

In a nutshell: DO NOT HALF-ASS YOGA! Yoga must be done rigorously, or not at all.

I agree, and I loved the video!!

In regards to your new youtube video about Yoga. Do i start with the "Kriya" book or the "Kundalini" book from your booklist?

Edited by TimeGoat

@TimeGoat If your goal is to start a Kriya yoga practice, start with the Kriya book.

If you want to raise kundalini and open chakras without doing yoga, read the kundalini book.

These are two very different approaches to the same basic thing. When it comes to spirituality, there are many ways to skin a cat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I just watched this... and although it was serious... I laughed through a lot of it... at myself!

I "customize" everything... I have never followed a single recipe without changing it, even those manuals on how to put together a shelf (etc), I usually have to do it "my way" ....lol.... really glad I watched this update, I get it, why not to in yoga!

Fortunately, I'm pretty open-minded, not too sceptical etc and have a metaphysical background....I also saw this the same way...as though this would likely resonate better with me than meditation alone, I love visualization and energy.... plus I really need to connect my body more ....still ... now, I have some questions:

Would 2 of years of semi-decent/ semi-struggling PD work likely be enough to attempt this level of discipline?

How would one know if they still have "fires to put out"? (as in: can one be too neurotic?, or can ones personal life, past or present prevent effective discipline?... must one be totally anxiety/ trauma free? )

This Ganga Giri song reminds me so much of this: 

Spontanous kyrias / focusing on inside causes demineralizing connective tissues -> sudden change in elasticity causes movement of fascia layers-> it causes shift in internal perception (state of self as body coordinates) -> it has to adjust with other senses like vision etc-> increased neuroplascity (learning pace) -> if you believe in enlightement during that time you will believe it more, you will learn it more, because there is no logical explanation so far what happends to you. Enlightement is bullshit in large part

Edited by bigzbigi

That's it i was just talking about this today, if you really seek truth and enlightenment/freedom you must fully embody and immerse yourself in what you really want 100% to really transform. Half-half will not work and you will only end up distracting yourself.

B R E A T H E

Can I do it on a chair? My back doesn't really hurt from sitting upright, but my western legs just can't take the position needed. Is sitting cross legged really necessary?