MarkusSweden

Buddism and suffering!

105 posts in this topic

Just now, Saumaya said:

@Shanmugam Do you know any good book on neurosis?

No.. I have read online articles.. I don't have those links now. But when it comes to books, the books I read on psychology is the ones I mentioned.. 

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Saumaya >>Those are just actions, not self-image

You can be identified with actions. There is no such thing as self image, its just a cluster of beliefs about oneself.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

1 minute ago, Saumaya said:

@Shanmugam Do you know any good book on neurosis?

Study thought directly

The self is the book of time ‘psychological becoming’ ?

Just now, Saumaya said:

You can be identified with actions.

Can you explain? I might have been doing that uncounsciously

2 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

No.. I have read online articles.. I don't have those links now. But when it comes to books, the books I read on psychology is the ones I mentioned.. 

Alright

Thx for the recommendations

There's Only One Truth!

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Study thought directly

You can't study neurosis you don't have doing that.

If you're saying it all comes to thoughts identification, then yes, even though there probably is some of them that are brain chemistry related.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Can you explain? I might have been doing that uncounsciously

For example you  start doing something which adds to your self identity.

eg. A businessman keeps working just because he believes that if he stops working hard, he would be fired, or maybe he is a failure. But is that really true?

You must ask yourself this, is this action that I am performing is out of compulsiveness or consciousness? Dont make "I am the dude who just chills and lets go" an identity. 

There's Only One Truth!

Buddha developed a self help program... an eight step one.... and a religion was built around it.

12 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Study thought directly

I am not studying myself, I want to study it from an expert who has experience with other clients

There's Only One Truth!

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

You can't study neurosis you don't have doing that.

If you're saying it all comes to thoughts identification, then yes, even though there probably is some of them that are brain chemistry related.

If there is a movement of psychological time taking place there is neurosis

1 minute ago, Saumaya said:

@Faceless Also I want to study how various types of neurosis are manifested. Thats why I was searching a good book on it.

I got ya.. where do you think neurosis manifests from? 

1 minute ago, Shanmugam said:

This doesn't mean I don't have ego, I have.. But it is only used for practical purposes in social interactions.. :) 

Love that you bring this up! I was going to ask you some week ago about this, but then I had to do other things and forgot about it. 

This is very important to me. Do you remember that you talked about four(4) aspects of ego? 

Anyway, one aspect of those four is the "social ego". The one you must have to interact properly. 

I worked with my personality to become very transparent to the point that I lost my "social ego" 

I was interacting from pure intuition, curiosity and love.

My meetings with people become very deep and compassionate. But I had no social ego or what you want to call it, I had no autopilot so to speak that did the small talks and social games.

It works fine without it peer to peer, but in groups, unless you are the leader, or in formal situations where you can't be too curios and transparent but need to play that social game I was totally blank. 

I needed to be a lie I felt. I had to create myself again so to speak, that false persona or what you want to call it. The social ego.

Now I can handle conventional social interaction fine again. But the price to be "false" again was huge. I worked so hard to be super real, super honest and transparent, as a result I become highly attractive to a point it almost become a burden.

And I was the happiest man alive because I was in contact with something REAL in me I felt. As if I was individuality and not personality. 

But I felt it wasn't appropriate to be too happy or too peaceful and loving. I was above all neurosis and drama of others and couldn't be "Unreal" when people just expect small talks or demand that social ego from me, that was absent. 

I had to start from scratch to carve out "me" again, to carve out a personality again. This created suffering, because it was as if I had to do the reverse work, to go from enlightenment to ego, and transcend happiness and honesty. Very weird indeed. 

Now I lack that spark of love/joy/intensity and I'm more like everyone else. 

To me, the social ego is a huge part of the total ego, and I can't imagine enlightenment without unwire this entity again. But if I do that, I almost have to live a life in solitude i Feel. That's the price for be individuality and not personality. But it's really no price, in fact, when I was individuality last time around it was as if I didn't need any social contact, not even sexual contacts, as if no social interaction could give me anything. I only liked social interactions to give of my love and compassion. But my consciousness could easy come under attack when people like to own a piece of me or want more of my compassion. So solitude life would make perfect sense to me if I ever manage to come back to that state. It took YEARS to unwire, and it took years to rewire that social ego again. 

It has some similarities with your story I guess and how you become "friends" with your customers. But I feel our stories differs a lot too.

Anyway, it might sound like nonsense to you, just wanted to tell you about a strange journey. And if you think it's a good idea to keep that social persona or not. Changing is not easy work, it's a long process to transform. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Just now, Faceless said:

I got ya.. where do you think neurosis manifests from? 

Dude, we got what you're trying to say, but you still got to learn the differences.

Ptsd isn't the same than a depression.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Dude, we got what you're trying to say, but you still got to learn the differences.

Ptsd isn't the same than a depression.

I understand?

ptsd does have to do with experiences. 

Thought

memory, experience