MarkusSweden

Can we become conscious of the Why-question?(The blind spot)

21 posts in this topic

In the end of Leo's new youtube episode he says..

Quote..(1:05:20-1:06:10)

"My greatest wish now for you is that you become conscious of WHY all of this exist. Do not stop on this path until you are completely certain of WHY everything exists and WHY it must exist and WHY it cannot be any other way, that is my wish for you, that is the ultimate, that is the most profound thing you can become conscious of, everything else is secondary" 

Endquote

This is polar opposite to the teachings of Ruper Spira for example. Given all the positive things I've heard about 5-meo-dmt I tend to gravitate toward what Leo says, but it's still a close call for me. What do you think? 

Here's what Rupert says about the Why-question. And below that is Leo's video where I find the quote above. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Well, Why questions are truly unanswerable

Why does a plant grow the way it does?

Why do we eat?

Why do we sleep?

Why do we go to school?

Why do we like entertainment?

Nobody knows! :)

@MarkusSweden I haven't watched both of the videos but I have a pretty good idea what the question is about. What rupert spira might be saying is true knowledge isn't possible so answering "why" is unanswerable. What leo is saying when he uses "why" is he is referring to experiencing the nature of reality as yourself. The context is different. Both are sides of the same coin.

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Ether Hehe, are you ironic? ;)

Of course why-questions of dual nature like those you just asked can be answered, but here we have a tricky non dual component to deal with! :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

15 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

@Ether Hehe, are you ironic? ;)

Of course why-questions of dual nature like those you just asked can be answered, but here we have a tricky non dual component to deal with! :) 

No. We dont know why life works this way.

Why do we drink water? We were born to do this action? Why do we do this action?

I dont know how to explain it but yeah, thats it

@MarkusSweden As you've kindly requested me to present my thoughts on this topic to you, here they are:

Of course the question of "why there exists anything at all" is the ultimate why-question anybody could ask. As we have found out, the materialist paradigm does not provide a very satisfiying answer with "the big bang" because the materialist paradigm is bound to the infinite-regress problem when it comes to the answering of such existential and meta-physical questions.

To me it's perfectly clear what Leo means and what he's referring to when he says what he says since it's been grasped on an experiential level (as it properly should be) but in order to clarify further to you and others who didn't (yet) have that experiential understanding, this is how it could be done: Leo actually already answers the Why-question himself in the (your) quote by saying that it has to be as it is or it must be as it is. Things can not be different than they already are. You can always ask the question of why things are as they are but fundamentally they are always as they are simply because they are as they are. Reality doesn't need to justify its way of manifesting itself, because that's what it does - it is pure being and pure consciousness that simply is, for no other reason than for the reason that is inherent to itself. To give you a comparision, when children play they never have a premeditated reason to do so - they simply play because it's their nature of playfulness that makes them do it. Reality or consciousness for that matter isn't different at all - it's nature is pure creativeness which is why Sadhguru for example likes to refer to the universe as "the creation". It creates because...it can, you see? I know this is probably highly unsatisfying on a logical or cognitive level, which is why the experiential component is so much more impactful and important in reagrds to this insight, since when you're going to have it, it's like "oh yes, of course! It makes so much sense, obviously it has to be this way and it couldn't be any other way! I understand...!".

You can check out my post on "reality grants everything" if you like to have further information on this or just another attempt to explain the exact same thing because the post actually concerns the very same topic that Leo has now discovered for himself, only that I already posted about it weeks prior to it.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@MarkusSweden I would guess that Leo meant HOW rather then WHY. Indeed there are no answers to the WHY question because as Rupert explains it is the question devised by our limited mind. Our minds seek to find cause in everything. Why entails that there is a reason and the result. When in reality there is just being. What Leo explained is answer on the question HOW rather than why. Nothingness equals to absolute infinity and that is HOW our reality exists.

@egoless Yeah, good point. It's truly revolving a lot more around the how and rather than the why, even though people might be sometimes confused with those two and actually want to ask the same thing, they simply don't really know it. I've done it often enough myself, even though in the end I always wanted to know the "how".xD 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday There are no Whys for the ultimate truth. There is only how. And in my experience it is same as Leo realized. However, I would communicate it in a different way.

So the question is How the reality came into existence. And not - Why it came to existence...

The latter can never be answered. Because why question does not apply there. There is no entity behind the reality who would assign the reason to the creation.

Edited by egoless

@egoless Probably, but that's always the challenge right? The transition from experience into language that is...
In the end, you won't have anything else apart from your personally true experience anyway, so I guess people will figure things out for themselves (as they obviously also have to). Just imagine somebody putting a gun to your head...suddenly things would become very clear of what it is that you were just philosophising about and what you have truly embodied on your own that nobody could ever take away from you. 

Edited by DocHoliday

You know why it exists?

It can't. that's why reality seems so mysterious and we always begg for another ground to explain reality . Reality doesn't exist it's nothing and because it is nothing it holds everything in it as a result . they're two sides of the same coin you just have to shift perspectives to see that. that's why it's paradoxical . it's paradoxical because there are two different ways of looking at the same thing which can't go together from within either of the perspectives .

It doesn't exist that's why everything else has to exist.

I've recently figured that out. 

@sarapr There's something with iranian women, I'll tell you. Sharp and brave! 

Another great input. I like this thread. I got better responses then I ever hoped for. 

Thanks. :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@sarapr Many of us will probably understand what you're saying, yet it's a weird way to put it, frankly.
Reality neither exists nor doesn't exist. Everything isn't nothing and nothing isn't everything. It's obviously dificult to explain this (meaning non-duality) with the language we use, which is why it's incommunicable, which is why we can't explain it by attesting to either the one side or the other as you did. This is what is meant by Leo in his latest video by the realisation that the relative is incorporated within the absolute. Our way of describing things in our dualistic way is the relative perspective which is obviously incoporated within the absolute perspective that is it's source which won't allow any attributes to stick to it.  

Edited by DocHoliday

14 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

@sarapr There's something with iranian women, I'll tell you. Sharp and brave! 

Another great input. I like this thread. I got better responses then I ever hoped for. 

Thanks. :) 

They sure are but I'll continue thinking I'm the only one like that . I'm selfish ;)

@sarapr

5 minutes ago, sarapr said:

They sure are but I'll continue thinking I'm the only one like that . I'm selfish ;)

Haha, that's great! I love slightly narcissistic people! Those are colourful! ;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no?