ranzo1

Enlightenment-lack Of Motivation In Life

9 posts in this topic

When i was started education on college,i also started to watch self Actualization,and i was really motivated to do stuff. My fitness improves,grades , level of happiness  are pretty good,and i was pleased.Also i was excited about life purpose ,and i was planing to do lot of work about that part,but also to enjoy life, learn about sexuality and approach lot of girls(maybe find one girlfriend that i can fall in love with),travel ,socialize more(party, going out, or some other activities) and dont have any regrets ,because im young now,now or never...But....   Leo started videos about enlightenment,and talking about no-self,and that sex,party,etc..-isnt good ,and havent   value(but that is for my age 21, really important, but that isnt my main focus)... Why  also have life purpose ,because i dont exist, how can i know what it is because i dont know who am I( that empty space)... and,Buddha sad that you dont need any wishes ,or something that you want,just enjoy...... Now , im demotivated ,deppressed, cant do anything, dont have girlfriend, everything is pointles, i have no ego and when i die,no one will die(how can i contemplate death,to motivate my self)...for example ,I was training soccer,and that was really important to me, i loved soccer so much... but that is extreme hard,if you want to be good at it, sometimes you just want to give up but i always talked to myself that Im the best,and my ego wanted to be best ,that was my will power ,not things like im nothingness ,never mind, just enjoy ,...  Please help,maybe im wrong, but im in tuff situation,i dont want to waste my time,that thought that im nothing really demotivates me,and i think that you cant kill ego,it is nice to be less egoist,but without ego i dont have real motivation.   Sorry for my english,not good at it :D .

Why are you depressed? Why are you demotivated?

Is that not the ego?

Get rid of your desires and then maybe you will have gotten where you originally intended to go

4 hours ago, TwoDays said:

Why are you depressed? Why are you demotivated?

Is that not the ego?

Get rid of your desires and then maybe you will have gotten where you originally intended to go

Thanks for answer,but how can i go for something if i dont have any desire for that?  

You have to ask yourself if you already tasted enough from life as a person. Some people might not and go for success and ego etc. There is a time to experience life as a person and there is time to wake up to the truth. But also remember: you will eventually all lose what you gained as a person.

If you had enough you start this spiritual journey. All your reactions above are reactions of the ego. You can continue soccer, but maybe not to be the best but because you love it. And you don't kill the ego because it's nice to be less egoistic. You see through it's illusion because it is not real and you suffer from it.

Until now you just replaced a concept with another concept or a beliefe system with another belief system. That's not it.

It's still just some blubber-mouthing in your mind. When you are genuinly interested I would recommand you to invest more into it so that your ego and mind just doesn't catch you all the time. Read some books of teachers on your own. See who fits you. For me it's Mooji, Eckhart Tolle, Ramana Maharshi, Zen, Jeff Foster and Rupert Spira. But there are many more.

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

@ranzo1 I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had so many goals and I was using techniques from Leo's earlier videos to help me with achieving them. Then BOOM, the enlightenment video comes out and I'm stupid enough to get on board with what he's saying. I used to be a good student, now all my college results have gone to shit. I wanted to be musician, I wanted to learn to attract girls, and I've done nothing about these things in a year!

Everyone here will just tell people like us we dont exist, it's all our ego, but we cant just snap our fingers and become enlightened. Especially, if the main reason we would want to become enlightened is to get our motivation back. Without that "you dont exist" doesnt really mean everything. 

@BHL_20 So why not just go for it and taste those things? If you get happy good, if they turn out to be empty and shallow come back to seek fullfillment on another level. Just be honest with yourself.

"The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom." -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

Yes, I'm with ZenM on this, get out a do stuff. There's time for this later. I see it like telling a child that one day they can be an adult, so they choose to go to bed that night and die in order to become an adult, but in the morning they realise they can't go back.

36 minutes ago, BHL_20 said:

@ranzo1 I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had so many goals and I was using techniques from Leo's earlier videos to help me with achieving them. Then BOOM, the enlightenment video comes out and I'm stupid enough to get on board with what he's saying. I used to be a good student, now all my college results have gone to shit. I wanted to be musician, I wanted to learn to attract girls, and I've done nothing about these things in a year!

Everyone here will just tell people like us we dont exist, it's all our ego, but we cant just snap our fingers and become enlightened. Especially, if the main reason we would want to become enlightened is to get our motivation back. Without that "you dont exist" doesnt really mean everything. 

Exactly, we are in years that we need to fight, to improve ourselves ,to be financial independent,to approach lot of girls,learn about sexuallity ,... we are just now to get most of life,to experience everything we can do, and than, when we get older, we can do enlingtenment, ... Leo was do lot of work,and, he doesnt know what to do next and decided to do that thing(Killing the ego),he is maybe just fed up,and now he is interested in other stuff,but he was also doing that "chimp" stuff...  I don't wan't to regret,some young people not should give up on doing stuff,have parties, have sex, or another activities ,and most important have life purpose...This is solution maybe, we all have one life!     Elliot Hulse ,is maybe more appropriate for our age,some good informations, and try to watch more of him,... I must learn grammer in english :) .

Edited by ranzo1

47 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yes, I'm with ZenM on this, get out a do stuff. There's time for this later. I see it like telling a child that one day they can be an adult, so they choose to go to bed that night and die in order to become an adult, but in the morning they realise they can't go back.

Right said.