Ether

Have you cried because seen something so beautiful?

31 posts in this topic

I think I was about to cry sometimes.

Of course, beautiful is just a concept, but ya kno

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether everyday ❤️

Dont tell me you cry when you see my name ;)

@Ether I wonder how I every had a morning where I woke up and missed it. Puzzling.  Now I know praying, on hands and knees, is a modernized action- a misinterpretation from an ancient reaction to this beauty. What was physically debilitating awe, has been reduced to wishes and asking.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

56 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether I wonder how I every had a morning where I woke up and missed it. Puzzling.  Now I know praying, on hands and knees, is a modernized action- a misinterpretation from an ancient reaction to this beauty. What was physically debilitating awe, has been reduced to wishes and asking.

@Nahm What? hahah

Every week

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ether It seems to me the ‘on hands and knees’ praying is a mimicry, unbeknownst to those praying. Probably done in worship / action, inappropriately replicating what originated as being brought to your knees by awe of love / flow of love through the body. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Every week

Like what?

25 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You guys shouldn’t be crying so much.  What the hell?  When we say go back to being a child, don’t substitute that with infant.

Dont project your lack of feeling emotions on others. I cry alot because life is beautiful once you are free. Has nothing to do with being an infant lol

24 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You guys shouldn’t be crying so much.  What the hell?  When we say go back to being a child, don’t substitute that with infant.

I actually doubt that infants suffer. Just a thought that appeared when I read this (not that I think infant crying for food is comparable to cry of beauty).

Cuz infants don't conceptualize. They just do whatever they need to do to manipulate their providers, totally instinctively. Being an infant is the best part of life until you have eventually come out on the other side, trancending the ego you at some point developed, and by that moving out of hell - and then you could start crying again - because of beauty...:)

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think they learn to cry to be manipulative.  Infants have Ego.  They are trying to control reality.

I actually read some research suggesting that babies cry at night because it reduces the likelyhood of getting siblings, and by that avoiding competition, likely for evolutionary reasons. 

How can babies have ego if they don't conceptualize? They just follow instincts like animals in the stage of evolution prior to thought. And when thought comes in, they (the thoughts) start to construct this identity, thinking it knows better, unaware of the hell that awaits as a consequence of biting the apple from the Tree of knowledge...

Edited by Edvard

6 minutes ago, Edvard said:

I actually read some research suggesting that babies cry at night because it reduces the likelyhood of getting siblings, and by that avoiding competition, likely for evolutionary reasons. 

How can babies have ego if tgey don't conceptualize? Their just following instincts like animals in the stage of evolution prior to thought. And when thought comes in, we start to think we know better, unaware of the hell that awaits us for biting the apple from the Tree of knowledge...

Ego is not just clinging to thoughts about reality, it’s also trying to control reality.  Either one of those are Ego.  So, conceptual-knowing are controlling are the two sins of Ego.  The third is doing, which can be captured under control, but I like to list it as a third sin of Ego.  Controlling, knowing, and doing.  Those are the three biggies.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ego is not just clinging to thoughts about reality, it’s also trying to control reality.  Either one of those are Ego.  So, conceptual-knowing are controlling are the two sins of Ego.  The third is doing, which can be captured under control, but I like to list it as a third sin of Ego.  Controlling, knowing, and doing.

Well, I don't think there lies much conceptual intention behind babies crying, in the same way lions don't hunt antilopes because of some conceptual idea - which I have heard is pretty much the definition of ego. Identifying with thought. I don't think babies do that... 

Although I could see how 3-4 year old crying could be ego. 

Edited by Edvard

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s not conceptual.  It’s trying to control their reality!  They want and tacitly believe they can get by manipulation using their crying.

I would say it's just because it statistically works, giving them an evolutionary advantage. Babies who cry are more likely to survive, so they just do it instinctively, without thinking, and «believing» anything requires thinking - but they don't even know any language, or how the world works. Why do they cry at childbirth? Because they made up a belief in the womb that «if I cry, maybe I will get stuff»? Where did they get that idea?

Edited by Edvard

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So, I guess there is a belief in there, but it’s subconscious.  It doesn’t matter though — it’s still Ego.  Babies are not free from Ego, contrary to what people think.  Freeing one’s self from Ego takes a very wise Mind and a lot of life experience.  I know we love this myth that babies are enlightened though.  But that ship doesn’t sail.

By that logic, stones have ego. So, where in evolution did ego arise? I was convinced it emerge by humans evolving the ability to conceptualize, meaning that we as humans eventually wil be able to «know» our true nature after a long history of suffering because of thinking, which began to distinguish us from animals. One can't trancend ego without getting it first.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Yeah. Babies ego’s are off the charts. Gotta prop em up so they can meditate and do some self inquiry. 

The "pubic hair on a bathroom floor" effect.

Edited by Soulbass