Preetom

Why pure consciousness(absolute reality) is independent of brain-Vedantic explanation

3 posts in this topic

Okay here it goes.

Pure consciousness is the ultimate subject/pure witness/Brahman/atman/absolute reality. It can never be perceived as an object. That's why mind can't 'find' the absolute truth as all it can perceive are objects(sense perceptions).

Now the brain/mind is like a mirror. That pure unattached consciousness is reflected on that mirror. Thus a reflected consciousness appears on mind and everything in subjective experience (mind, body, world) lights up!!

This is why when you ask the question, 'am I aware?', you get an experience of the mind, body, senses etc. being aware and alive. In reality, the brain, body, world has no consciousness of itself. NOTHING has consciousness except for pure consciousness itself. The reflected consciousness produced in the brain is making this entire living experience possible while the pure consciousness(the source, That which I truly am) remains totally unaffected and unattached. No object can touch it.

Now it's funny when we say that we are raising or lowering consciousness. Consciousness is ever present, ever unchanged. It's the brain/mind(the mirror) that produces the reflection of pure consciousness depending on it's state during various times and situations. 

This is why when brain is damaged, the person becomes psycho/sick as if consciousness has been damaged. But in reality, it's the mirror that has been distorted and thus a 'distorted' reflected consciousness is there while the source(pure consciousness) remains unaffected.

This is why we have 3 apparent states of consciousness in waking, dreaming and sleeping phases. It's because of the different functions and modes of brain/mind in these different states. But as usual the source(pure consciousness) has nothing to do with it and remains totally independent, untouched.

This is why every state is a dream which has no inherent reality in of itself. The waking and dreaming states are dreams with contents while deep sleep is like a dream with absolutely no content lol. It is the source alone that lights up these states and yet remains untouched by them. 

Our 'precious' theories about brain, body, world are just more contents in such a dream state :P

#When does enlightenment happen? 

When I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am the pure consciousness; totally free, unattached, unaffected, an infinite existence-consciousness-bliss which has NOTHING to do with the mirror(brain/mind), the state of reflection(reflected consciousness) and everything else that's lit up(body, world) . It's the 1st step of enlightenment aka a complete dis-identification.

#Then what is this Universe/Creation?

That pure consciousness itself is projected to create a world of myriad forms. The world has literally no substance other than the pure consciousness, the same infinite existence-consciousness-bliss that I am . When I directly experience this truth, the witness and the witnessed is merged and that's true non duality, the 2nd step of enlightenment aka a complete union.

Thank you for reading.

PS: I haven't had any of the two realizations myself aka i'm not enlightened yet :P

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

It's great to map out our ever-deeperning understanding like this Preetom!

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

28 minutes ago, deci belle said:

It's great to map out our ever-deeperning understanding like this Preetom!

Glad to know you found it useful :)

Systematic studying and contemplating the ever growing big picture is absolutely necessary in this work. Its the greatest guard against useless mental masturbation over bits and pieces of information floating everywhere.

One of the greatest dangers while pursuing enlightenment is the attempt to 'formulate' a truth through collecting scraps of information here and there. I wasted a pretty good amount of time in this manner.

What i found is that, when I conceptually/intuitively grasp the real theories that are necessary the mind automatically tends to rest in awareness. There is no other choice but to intuitively move towards the actual practice (or non practice :P ) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''