ZenDog

How Do U Guys Set Up Ur Mindfullness Practise?

7 posts in this topic

Just curious how do u guys set up ur mindfullness practise? 

Do u just free flow between See Feel Hear or structured?

Personally i like doing 60 min where i do 10 min of each See Feel Hear and then repeat 10 min of each. So its two 30 min cycles.

Yes, I'm trying to do something similar as well.  I like to build up each by noting see, hear, and feel individually and then back up and combine them all together. Very powerful! 

@Catanio Yeah i sometimes start with nothing too. Makes ur mind clearer before doing the technique 

Hey guys, can you help me? 

Words: "see", "hear", "feel" are also a part of inner speech, so do we neglect hearing those, when focusing on seeing, feeling and hearing other things? Also how do you savor inner speech, do you repeat it several times like when you note it or after saying "hear" you just somehow remember it without words?

16 hours ago, Skuunal said:

Hey guys, can you help me? 

Words: "see", "hear", "feel" are also a part of inner speech, so do we neglect hearing those, when focusing on seeing, feeling and hearing other things? Also how do you savor inner speech, do you repeat it several times like when you note it or after saying "hear" you just somehow remember it without words?

Literally, all these questions were answered in the video:

You do not count the labels "see, hear, feel" as objects that you savor.

If you savor inner speech, yes, you can re-remember or repeat it in your mind, while savoring it.

I personally noticed that applying the skill of mindfulness meditation to thoughts is useful and interesting. When any thought arises, try to label it and look - what does a thought consist of? This particualr thought - what did it consist of? How was it like to "see", "hear" or "feel" it? Did the thought consist of something out of these 3 channels? What were/are the particular objects in "see", "hear" and "feel" channels that together create a thought?

In formal longer sittings I like to use the Do Nothing technique. In day to day life I use Focus In (Feel) and Focus Out (Touch, Sound, Sight). I don't use mental labels anymore.