Shanmugam

For People Interested in Kriya Yoga

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, egoless said:

@Shanmugam there are three series of this book. Do you think we should read all of them? All of them are essential? 

I just read the one book 'Kriya Yoga exposed'. It covers everything. But I will also read the other books soon and give me feedback about them.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

1 hour ago, Shanmugam said:

I just read the one book 'Kriya Yoga exposed'. It covers everything. But I will also read the other books soon and give me feedback about them.

what do you mean by covering everything. Techniques and how to do them safely?

@Shanmugam Just read the book. It doesn't seem to have that many techniques, compared to the book Leo recommended. It only has 5 techniques? Leo's recommended book has around 20. I'm new to Kriya so just looking for some clarification. Thanks

@How to be wise are you finding the amount of techniques (6) in the book enough? Leo's book just recommends a lot more. I'm new to the practice so just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks

@carlowillo in Kriya yoga, your objective is to attain kumbhaka. The special Kriya pranayama will be enough for that.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Thanks man. 

I just have some queries regarding some of the techniques.

1. On Maha Mudra, it says move the energy upward from the Root Chakra to the Third Eye Chakra using the Sushumna Nadi. How do I move the energy upwards? I am a complete noobie so apologise if it's a stupid question.

2. On Yoni Mudra, how can I feel the prana going up from my root chakra and how do I know when its hit my third eye point. 

@carlowillo 1) just visualise air moving from muladhara through the sushumna nadi to kutastha. You don’t have to get it exactly right all the time. Just do your best.

2) When you breath, use ujjayi pranayama. You should get a feeling of cold air going up whilst inhaling, and warm air going down whilst exhaling. Visualise it going to the third eye. It doesn’t have to be perfect! 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Shanmugam What you have said about Kriya resonates with me. I was curious - do you practice Kriya? Why or why not?

I read the kriya book leo recommends. is this book here neccessary or worth to read if you already have leos recommended book on kriya yoga? Which one is better?

On 2/14/2018 at 9:26 AM, Shanmugam said:

Dear all,

I know there are many people in this forum who are interested in Kriya Yoga. I usually don't recommend Kriya yoga because of certain pitfalls. But I recently came across an author, who prefers to stay anonymous about his identity.  We exchanged a few emails and also our books. 

I already opened a thread regarding that author in this forum before:

I didn't want to recommend the book before actually reading it. Just now I finished reading his book and I must say that this book is a must-read for anyone who is into Kriya yoga. It certainly busts a lot of myths regarding kriya yoga.  As the author has stated in his book, many people are stuck with the techniques and they don't really let go of those techniques.

I really like the story of kriya yogi that the book ends with; it illustrates the point of the book very well. I will certainly recommend this book to anyone who is into yoga. The book is clear, easy to understand, less complicated than many other books regarding Yoga and puts a lot of emphases on the  After-Effect-Poise of Kriya, which is pretty similar to the 'witnessing' practice that I was doing; in fact, it is essentially the same thing: staying as the witness!

A couple of quotes from his book:

The author has recommended many free resources where you can learn authentic kriya yoga as taught by Lahiri Mahasaya. He has reviewed and even exposed many organizations which teach kriya yoga. So, if you are seriously into kriya yoga, then don't miss this book. Here is the link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/Kriya-Yoga-Exposed-Organizations-Explanation-ebook/dp/B0764HP5L8 

Just got the book and started reading. Great book to help someone from getting lost in the dogma and superstition. Thank you for posting this.