Patang

loe's "life is a dream" new video

99 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, krazzer said:

Did anyone notice that the dreams where you know you're dreaming are the best?

They are called lucid dream, and you can learn how to have them.

It's also how reality is supposed to feel for an awakened dude (confirmed by LOE, our lord and savior)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

39 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@cetus56 YES!

@Nahm That's the stuff that puts on this show called reality. Can you feel it? Oh ya!

@Nahm Hmm, like if reality was not eternal it would be all shaky, agitated, and all over the place, kinda like the mind which of course isn't eternal. If there aren't any cravings, aversions, but only ultimate contentment, what is that but stillness and eternity. Resting in "I Am" without attachment to any afterthought. 

On 2/11/2018 at 6:08 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

You're just confusing yourselves.  And you're basking in that confusion, not realizing that that's a manufactured state, and not reality.  

"Reality is simple, clear, and unitary.  There's nothing mysterious about it.  Enlightenment is the most simple perception" -- Adyashanti

So much of what is communicated and circulated as 'enlightenment' is wrapped up in a story based on conceptualizations including the whole "life is a dream" one. I have spoken often on here to the simplicity of being, the egoic mind doesn't want to 'believe' it can be that simple because there is nothing to do about it, nothing to cling to.

What Adyashanti says in that video can be appreciated although in light of the word 'belief' being defined as 'accepting something is true or exists' it reveals his own perceptions as beliefs. Even though he's saying beliefs are misperceptions of reality he's also misperceiving beliefs relationship with reality yet it doesn't cause him suffering.

Why is that? He isn't using his beliefs to sustain his peace so the misperceptions he does have don't interfere with it and cause suffering. The things he 'accepts as true or exists', his 'beliefs' of what is 'truth', though they may be misperceptions are not the basis of his peace, it's on the simplicity of being.

Peace that is in simply being cannot be disturbed by beliefs. Even if every one of our beliefs are absolutely false about reality but our peace, joy and fulfillment is in being then that 'wrongness' has no power to steal it from us. Our peace is in being and not dependent on perceiving truth or reality as it is, it's simply being at peace.

Garsh, I must seem like a jerk messing with Adyashanti's words like that, I love the guy, he's so authentically at peace.

Edited by SOUL

4 minutes ago, SOUL said:

So much of what is communicated and circulated as 'enlightenment' is wrapped up in a story based on conceptualizations including the whole "life is a dream" one. I have spoken often on here to the simplicity of being, the egoic mind doesn't want to 'believe' it can be that simple because there is nothing to do about it, nothing to cling to.

What Adyashanti says in that video can be appreciated although in light of the word 'belief' being defined as 'accepting something is true or exists' it reveals his own perceptions as beliefs. Even though he's saying beliefs are misperceptions of reality he's also misperceiving beliefs relationship with reality yet it doesn't cause him suffering.

Why is that? He isn't using his beliefs to sustain his peace so the misperceptions he does have don't interfere with it and cause suffering. The things he 'accepts as true or exists'. his 'beliefs' of what is 'truth', though they may be misperceptions are not the basis of his peace, it's the simplicity of being.

Peace that is in simply being cannot be disturbed by beliefs. Even if every one of our beliefs are absolutely false about reality but our peace, joy and fulfillment is in being then that 'wrongness' has no power to steal it from us. Our peace is in being and not dependent on perceiving truth or reality as it is, it's simply being at peace.

Garsh, I must seem like a jerk messing with Adyashanti's words like that, I love the guy, he's so authentically at peace.

Thank you!  You see the good side of what I'm trying to do on here.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Thank you!  You see the good side of what I'm trying to do on here.  

Yes, I do.

What is also clear is that the incessant 'killing off' of self, ego, beliefs, ideas, mind, thoughts and existence by people causes just as much suffering as those things they believe they are freeing themselves from by trying to wipe it away.

Let it be.

The time is much slower in the waking state.

In dreams, you can materialize things within seconds - in waking state it takes some hours/days/weeks.

Dreams seems to occur in a more "etheric" plane.

Guys, where is Leo? Retreat again?

Parents are gone, kids playing around xD

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

4 hours ago, Soulbass said:

The time is much slower in the waking state.

In dreams, you can materialize things within seconds - in waking state it takes some hours/days/weeks.

Dreams seems to occur in a more "etheric" plane.

I love this. It's very similar to how the "higher self" of you and your emotions, worries, etc. drives and controls your dreams, but you're not aware of it in the dream itself. Same thing in life. You have a "higher self" of you, if you will, that drives you in waking life, but you do have to be somewhat lucid to change the dream of life. Materializing things into your life through thoughts first, which then drives your feelings and emotions which then drives your actions. That gut feeling or intuition. It might take longer than in dreams, but people can and do materialize things into waking life.

7 hours ago, Galyna said:

kids playing around

Closer to his grandpa playing around in this case ;) 

2 hours ago, snowleopard said:

Closer to his grandpa playing around in this case ;) 

@snowleopard  That sounds an awful lot like internet bullying. We don't discriminate against age, sex, nationality or race on this forum so please keep that in mind.

Age, sex, nationality, race....What’s that?? 

Manifestations of measurement ?

57 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@snowleopard  That sounds an awful lot like internet bullying. We don't discriminate against age, sex, nationality or race on this forum so please keep that in mind.

Or sexual orientation !

As a bisexual pansexual demisexual gay, I'm offended !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Shin said:

As a bisexual pansexual demisexual gay

@Shin  lol ... Must be hard finding a date !  Once all offended self-identities get their asses kicked off the stage, what will be offended then?

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Or sexual orientation !

As a bisexual pansexual demisexual gay, I'm offended !

@Shin O.K, that too! 

50 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

@cetus56  lol ... ok, no more self-discrimination here.

@snowleopard Feel free to discriminate against yourself any time you like but make it clear your talking about yourself by maybe saying "my case" and not "this case" as in the general forum members that Galyna was referring to. 

@cetus56  Sorry, I didn't get the impression that most of the forum members would have taken that personally, given the predominate demographic here ... but clearly some self-identity did.