99th_monkey

This Work, While Raising Children.

23 posts in this topic

It's actually quite, simple. I am not their father, they are not my kids, they're not even children, and I am not something that can claim them as anything, anything they or I do is not real and or even based in reality

:)

8 hours ago, Nicole2602 said:

If anything in this world is going to cement your ego... it's your kids... they are after all one of the ways you define yourself... I am a mom, I have 3 kids, my kids are good, I am a good mom, my kids are naughty, I am a terrible mom... enter enlightenment and now I am not mom? They're not mine? How I raise them and what I want for them are just thoughts and not real? Wow... that's a huge concept to reconcile... it's not easy... take your time... BREATHE... observe... and take time for you... it's not selfish, it's necessary and also... completely ok for you, for them... right now. 

This has some interesting points, there is a book called "The Book" by Alan Watts, that, while it does not answer the questions asked here directly, it does speak how both you and your kids should approach the world after you "wake up".

There is also a video that speaks a bit about his view:

Another related video:

Edited by SkyPanther