WelcometoReality

3 Hour Strong Determination Sitting

25 posts in this topic

I just watched Leos video about strong determination sitting since it's been a lot on this forum lately. 

I started experiencing the flow of life and not much choice arises in the normal day to day life, but when I had watched the video the choice of doing a sitting or not arose. Usually choice arises when the ego is resisting in one way or another. There was a fear arising towards doing a sitting and therefore I've decided that I'm going to do one. Hopefully a lot of ego stuff will emerge to the surface.

I don't do meditation or sittings in the classical sense and wonder what to consider when doing such a long sitting.

Good Luck, man. Haven't tried it myself but feel free to tell me how it was like.

• Prepare for it to hurt, but with no long lasting effects, so try not to interrupt your sit because your body is hurting.
  • Notice your thoughts everytime your body sensations change, especially when it hurts.

12 minutes ago, drelamore said:
  • Prepare for it to hurt, but with no long lasting effects, so try not to interrupt your sit because your body is hurting.
  • Notice your thoughts everytime your body sensations change, especially when it hurts.

What about posture? My guess is that I should keep my back straight. Is it better to sit on a chair or on the floor?

3 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

I don't do meditation or sittings in the classical sense and wonder what to consider when doing such a long sitting.

I wouldn't shoot for a 3 hour strong determination sitting if you have no meditation experience. I would suggest to you to meditate with something like "Do Nothing" for 3 months and then maybe try out strong determination sittings for 30 minutes.

If you do this one time it will maybe bring your some clarity but it won't last long and so you probably will never do it again because it is the worst situation you can put yourself in (body is hurting + mind has no answers + you could change it but you don't) and it doesn't help you with your journey in the long term.

Start a meditation habit and then with some practice you can do the advanced stuff in a few months. Of course you could do it right away, but it's like giving a kid the best car do drive a race when it doesn't even know how to ride a bicycle.

No offense from my side, just trying to help you out with this! :P And strong determination sittings are very deep waters to learn in swimming.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

1 minute ago, Arik said:

I wouldn't shoot for a 3 hour strong determination sitting if you have no meditation experience. I would suggest to you to meditate with something like "Do Nothing" for 3 months and then maybe try out strong determination sittings for 30 minutes.

If you do this one time it will maybe bring your some clarity but it won't last long and so you probably will never do it again because it is the worst situation you can put yourself in (body is hurting + mind has no answers + you could change it but you don't) and it doesn't help you with your journey in the long term.

Start a meditation habit and then with some practice you can do the advanced stuff in a few months. Of course you could do it right away, but it's like giving a kid the best car do drive a race when it doesn't even know how to ride a bicycle.

No offense from my side, just trying to help you out with this! :P And strong determination sittings are very deep waters to learn in swimming.

Thank you for your concern. :) The thing is I've had my awakening about a year ago, there is not much struggle left in me. The voice inside my head is gone and most of the gut reactions are gone too. I don't think a 30 minute sit will get out any ego reactions. I do hope a lot comes up. My reasoning is that if I can do a 3 hour sit without anything coming up it's probably not worth doing it again. Or maybe I have to stop the sitting because of struggle which would mean I'll continue doing it. Maybe this is deep waters. I don't really know how I'm going to react. Let's see after tonight. :D

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

The thing is I've had my awakening about a year ago, there is not much struggle left in me.

Didn't know you are awake, dude. xD See for yourself, but to make it a habit it probably isn't the best idea.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Just now, Arik said:

Didn't know you are awake, dude. xD See for yourself, but to make it a habit it probably isn't the best idea.

A three hour sit everyday, no that would be a little bit over the top. :D 

I just did the sitting. Managed to finish the whole thing.

a quick recap, im guessing the time since I didnt see the clock.

first try stopped after 2 minutes decided to change from my tight jeans to something more comfortable.

second try

1st hour

pain in my back

lots of thought about what I should write when I was done

fear of people not believing i did the sit.

repositioned my hands to be on top of my knees.

thinking this wasn't so hard

2nd hour

still pain in the back

a numbing of the pain

thoughts about what i should write

clearity and focus

pain gone

3rd hour

immense pain in the buttocks

doubts arising about not finishing

pain in the left ankle

more doubts about finishing

pain gone

jaw starts shaking

bite down to stop the shaking

body starts shaking

am I that stupid that i continue

body stops shaking

left arm and left lower leg starts shaking

more doubts.

thoughts about setting the alarm? should i check.

right arm starts shaking.

the whole body starts shaking.

no more doubts, clearity and silence again,

shaking continues.

alarm goes off.

Exhausted, slowly lays down on back. 

I've got a question. How many hours of meditation a day preferably, if we now say, that i've got the time, how many hours a day to expect a good portion of change in the long run? Dont be shy of giving your insights, i just want answers :)

57 minutes ago, drelamore said:

@StonerLord The more, the merrier. 

There is no upper limit.

Ok. Let's say, that i want to rid myself of the ego. 
Now, how long would that take me perhaps 'if we try to assume'
Another question. Can you meditate beyond the 'ridding of your ego' ?

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM, WelcometoReality said:

I just watched Leos video about strong determination sitting since it's been a lot on this forum lately.

Can you link me this video please? Maybe I'm just blind but i can't find it. O.o

@StonerLord LOL, no idea man! That's really up to the person and the level of attachment he has with his thoughts!

Plus, probably you won't achieve enlightenment with pure mediation, you need some enlightenment work if you wanna raise your chances.

On 2016/2/29 at 7:28 AM, WelcometoReality said:

I just did the sitting. Managed to finish the whole thing.

a quick recap, im guessing the time since I didnt see the clock.

first try stopped after 2 minutes decided to change from my tight jeans to something more comfortable.

second try

1st hour

pain in my back

lots of thought about what I should write when I was done

fear of people not believing i did the sit.

repositioned my hands to be on top of my knees.

thinking this wasn't so hard

2nd hour

still pain in the back

a numbing of the pain

thoughts about what i should write

clearity and focus

pain gone

3rd hour

immense pain in the buttocks

doubts arising about not finishing

pain in the left ankle

more doubts about finishing

pain gone

jaw starts shaking

bite down to stop the shaking

body starts shaking

am I that stupid that i continue

body stops shaking

left arm and left lower leg starts shaking

more doubts.

thoughts about setting the alarm? should i check.

right arm starts shaking.

the whole body starts shaking.

no more doubts, clearity and silence again,

shaking continues.

alarm goes off.

Exhausted, slowly lays down on back. 

What exactly did you mean by "awakening"? Because judging by the multitude of doubts, fears and reaction to pain here, there seems to bit a lot of room to grow..

@StonerLord I wish I could give you an answer. I don't meditate on a daily basis.

@TwoDays It's just thought. If "I" had identified with the thoughts "I" would have stopped the sitting. "I" believed "I" had awakened but it was just an experience that "I" had grasped and identified with.