Dominick_Nec

Help Please?

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all.

I made some question about studying everything i can. This isn't the only thing i really need. What i really need is something to focus on. I mean, i can't just say: "k for the rest of my life i'll be trying to learn everything i can learn and my mind contain"... What about jobs? What about passions? I know learning is a passion for me but i have something like a "need" to have a specific subject. I've read that i'm in that age where everything is confusing, well... It's true, but i don't want to just sit here and wait for other 5 years or so, just to find a passion...

The question now is:  how can i find a passion? What if i don't have one?

Please consider that i've already followed some Leo's videos about finding my passions, but nothing...

And another fact: i'm scared about time:

I'm in a highschool for computer science that sucks. Literally, we are in the 4° grade and no one except me in my class knows something about programming, hardware or anything else about these things. All the classmates hates studying, no one loves science except me. I can't wait to finish this sh... and go somewhere else, but the problem is: WHERE? Let's suppose i'll gain back the 4-5 years spent in this sh...y school, where i didn't learnt ANYTHING (the 90% of the things i know i learned them on internet) and i will be like the average science loving guy who likes studying and it's searching for a university.... What should i search? I Don't have a passion, i don't have something i love more than other, i don't have a "specialization" i don't have a talent, i literally don't know where i have to go. Am i supposed to do psychology? Physics? Cosmology? Math? Computer science? Biology? Music?  Chemistry?

I'm scared about my future. And i can't do nothing, even when meditating, (i don't to it every day unfortunately) when i think of that, i go crazy, i get frustated, angry, and so on...

Any help?

Thank you for your time.

Have a nice day.

Sorry for my very bad bad bad bad english...

Edited by Dominick_Nec

Hello Dominick.

I find myself in a very-very similar situation with you. I'm not sure about my passion and i don't have a solid plan. But here's how i've coped with the negative feelings associated with that.

As we all here, we want to find our passion and pursue it. Although it's not as easy as just following step#1 and step#2 and boom, you've found your passion. It takes years to find it and start focusing your power and energy on it. I'd suggest you to go traveling if you can. Doesn't have to be some fancy and long trips. Maybe go to another town in your country within 200 km range if possible. Just go somewhere you've never been before. I've done it in my hometown a couple of times and i'll continue doing it. It really makes you feel alive when you're out at night all by yourself. It gives the things around you a totally different meaning. You see different people and places which look totally different during night.

Find new places and experiences. Only through those you can find out what's right and wrong.

You said you're afraid of time. I think it's normal to be afraid because our emotions are never wrong, only actions we do upon those emotions are (it's right to be angry, but it's not right to kill a person because you're angry) wrong. If you're constantly worried about time then you need something to show you that time doesn't really matter THAT much. It matters, but if you worry about it too much it just damages you. What i did to get over it (kind of, still working on it) was driving. I drove around with public transport for a couple of days. It felt like a waste of time at first, because i could've done something more productive instead of just sitting. But i changed busses often and discovered new places. Thanks to it i realized that i shouldn't worry about wasting my time. I should worry about how i use my time.

Don't worry about time, it's not a race or a competition. Everything comes with time you just got to act. This thought changed the way i think about stuff i do (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction_(New_Thought))

Hope this helps, what i say might be unclear because my english isn't that good and i haven't figured this stuff out myself either, but hey... better then nothing :)

Take care.

Thank you both for answering... I'd like to clarify that i've been in this status for almost 5 years... Still nothing found.

By the way, i will surely study, but my feelings are the same, still no passion, i don't like nothing more than other. I mean, i like physics a little bit more than math, but if i'd choose one of them i'd choose none.

With the idea of traveling: i'll work on it. I like traveling so much too, but i can't at this moment...

@Dominick_Nec

I believe that you are in a confused state and you're trying to find out your passion. May be you are studying physics, maths, psychology just to find out that you are most passionate about which of these subjects, rather than focusing on these subjects!

Well I would like to share something similar , I  found a TED talk recently where in the speaker says - "if you want to achieve your goals, don't focus on them"- What he meant was one focuses so much on his goal that he does not enjoy the process that will take him to his goals/he does not focus on the means to achieve it.

I would suggest you to read a subject completely and while you do so try to find out why are you disinterested or why you like other subjects more! Study maths for the sake of studying it and not to find out your passion.

At times it happens that we don't weigh the options  correctly i.e. do you give equal time to study maths and physics? If not then you should try giving equal time and then conclude what do you like more. You have to try out all the subjects properly before deducing what subject you like. Regarding jobs- try to be good at a task, make sure that you know every detail about it! The devil lies in the detail, take your own time and master the details, getting a job would be easy.

Hope this helps :) Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Soumya said:

@Dominick_Nec

I believe that you are in a confused state and you're trying to find out your passion. May be you are studying physics, maths, psychology just to find out that you are most passionate about which of these subjects, rather than focusing on these subjects!

Well I would like to share something similar , I  found a TED talk recently where in the speaker says - "if you want to achieve your goals, don't focus on them"- What he meant was one focuses so much on his goal that he does not enjoy the process that will take him to his goals/he does not focus on the means to achieve it.

I would suggest you to read a subject completely and while you do so try to find out why are you disinterested or why you like other subjects more! Study maths for the sake of studying it and not to find out your passion.

At times it happens that we don't weigh the options  correctly i.e. do you give equal time to study maths and physics? If not then you should try giving equal time and then conclude what do you like more. You have to try out all the subjects properly before deducing what subject you like. Regarding jobs- try to be good at a task, make sure that you know every detail about it! The devil lies in the detail, take your own time and master the details, getting a job would be easy.

Hope this helps :) Good luck!

Thank you. However, i'm not trying to study just maths and physics... I'm trying to study everything i can learn. i.e:  i find something interesting--> i read about it --> i study it.

Yeah.. I have that same feeling.. cant seem to identify anything more than all things.. Everything is cool..

The only thing I have not tried is maybe that I dont have to reinvent the wheel maybe i'll just pick something and give it a try.. I guess I am worried Ill never find that 1 passion, that will work.  I guess there is a chance I wont But what else do we have??

It does hold me back when I here speeches from people about there passion, but you know what I have noticed recently, no one will tell you that they had that passion from early childhood..

I think when entrepreneurs tell you you must have passion, I think they may mean that you must focus on the things that you like rather than do the things you dont like..

Maybe that holds me (possibly others) back because I am interested in many things. 

You know what stuff it.. I am going to just go and see some of these interests I like and see where it leads me.. Sitting here worrying about finding the perfect has not ever helped me in 20 years.. I may as well try something..