Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Echoes

Confusions About Creating A Good Life

25 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Echoes said:

@Leo Gura It is strange though. Being randomly dropped in a situation where we have to struggle for survival without ever having decided to want this. And then having to  figure out a way in which this is best or even "artfully" done. Thats a little bit like a random person from the street who gets spontaniously kidnapped and thrown into a film set and is then asked to act a random role assigned to him. Thats why I seem to be only able to motivate myself at the moment to figure out what this whole thing here is. Just like the person from the street, who would probably ask himself "why did I got kidnapped and have to perform now?" instead of investing all his energy in acting as good as possible.

Yes, but at some point you will discover why it must be so, and why it is perfect.

God left you clueless so that you can experience the thrill of awakening to your own infinite being. If you already knew the punchline, that would be a shame in a sense. You have been given the gift of ignorance so that you could come to know yourself as God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don’t think life is a dream.

But for what it’s worth, none of it matters. I think rick and Morty said it best: “nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV”. No matter what you decide to do it doesn’t matter. That the beauty and terror of the void of existence. Sure we can try to point to morality, spirituality, self help “gurus”, but all that is just kidding yourself. None of it truly matters. 

I laugh when people assume any kind of god, it’s like the last grasp for meaning and agency in a random universe. 

Dont assume any god, look what happened when Christianity tried to do it.

3 minutes ago, blazed said:

@Thanatos13  they're not talking about God in the religious sense,  but as everything,  Infinity,  existence itself,  consciousness,  awareness,  you're clearly aware of existence taking place right now and even that Is great mind fuck,  don't take existence for granted.

Then that’s not God, that’s reality. You aren’t “mind fucking” anyone. Being aware of existence is rather ordinary. This is a classic case of moving the goal posts. You change the definition of god to be so vague as to be meaningless, not to mention there is already a word for it.

Am I a dream? Am I a figment? Do I exist? More importantly, does any of that matter? All these questions are pointless and are little more than mental masturbation. It’s making me consider Pyrrho to be right, that the way to tranquility is to suspend judgment on non evident matters and follow habit. And this forum is about as non evident as it gets.

Existence is rather ordinary, why make it more than it is. Reality is not god, no matter how much you want it to be. 

I just looked at those sites, I question the legitimacy of some of those journals. Especially when a few studies show that social media is actually a good thing when you are actively participating in it and not just scrolling past the feed. 

Also it’s difficult to separate where it made them that way or if they were like that to begin with. A lot of it is linked to social media and not the internet in general, so you kind of lose there. The truth is that the effect of the internet has mixed studies on either side.

Good effort though. 

Edited by Thanatos13