Joseph Maynor

On Enlightenment -- Something I Wrote

4 posts in this topic

ON ENLIGHTENMENT

Enlightenment/ Enlightenment work isn't what you think it is.  That's the reason why it's so confusing to teach and to learn.  And that's why you have to keep banging your head against the wall until one day -- ah snap, you'll get it -- all of it -- not intellectually, you'll have an epiphany.  And at that time the search will be over.  The work won't be done, but the search will be over.  And after that time you may call yourself Enlightened if you wish.  You’ll realize the ridiculousness of all teachings after that point, so why not.  As long as you don’t attach strongly to that, it’s fine.

Enlightenment is the loosening of conceptual beliefs -- all conceptual beliefs.  Beliefs will still arise as part of what's here in the moment, but that doesn't mean that you need to identify with them.  And with that, conceptual beliefs become much less important.  One of the tricks of the Mind is to reinforce the belief that conceptual belief is SO IMPORTANT.  It's like -- crawl into this Matrix, it's so real!  That conniving little Mind.  But once you see through this fully, you'll have an epiphany that is impossible to reverse.  And it's got nothing to do with psychedelics.  You can't unexplode a grenade.  That's what the shift is like.  I just had it yesterday.  It's one of those oh!  Damn!  That's what it is.  It's a shift that happens to you, an epiphany.  It's not a conceptual understanding, but a shift in perspective to use a word.  It's not a paradigm-shift, as that involves shifting beliefs.  This shift is not a shift in beliefs.  It's like an anti-paradigm shift, to use a phrase.  And you can't force it, it just happens when it happens.  It takes a lot of work to convince the Mind that beliefs are not the truth.  So, you do need to do a lot of work in Enlightenment.  Whatever it takes to get the big crack for you.  

Beliefs are not good or bad.  They are simply here in awareness.  The issue is how beliefs are attached to -- how the Mind is trying to connect that belief to you and to reality.  That mental relation is the problem.  You can still have beliefs.  Don't repress your beliefs.  Just don't make them YOUR beliefs.  This is hard to communicate in language.  You gotta see what I’m pointing to.

You're still clinging WAY too much and too hard to belief.  That's what you got to fix.  You're attaching to all those concepts that the Voice is raising.  That's what you're gonna stop doing when you get the big crack.

Enlightenment theory is counter-weight theory.  You're not supposed to believe the counter-weight theory.  It's there to loosen up all your beliefs so that the Mind can finally come to see that no beliefs touch Truth.  You wanna have the shift that comes from that.  And only the Mind can make that shift, you can't consciously make it.  

Isnt enligtement about finding yourself then all theory about it doesnt make sense?I see lot of mind thinking about it here...

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@Joseph Maynor It’s hard to see where an enlightened person would refer to themselves as enlightened. Who would you think you are telling? Some other person?  There is a hindsight revelation, that everything one experienced was perfectly needed, because they were behind it all. It was simply removing what was added. Just a suggestion, but, try reading your post in the mindset, that someone else has written it to you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Joseph Maynor Now when i think you are right enligtment is disbelief of the story you have in your head

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.