Rebec

Personality Disorder vs Enlightenment

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

Enlightenment shares 14 out of 15 characteristics of a Personality Disorder (DSM-V).

As I go deeper down the rabbit hole my (ego)mind is telling me that I am creating a personality disorder.

Could someone please comment on or enlighten me on this topic.  

Thanks, Rebec

In the world we live in today when one suffers from delusions, we call it a mental illness.

When society suffers from delusions, we call it being normal.

B R E A T H E

@Rebec post the reference material if you don’t mind.  Clearly, I am a walking talking personality disorder, just curious to see the specifics on where you’re post is coming from. Thanks! ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I also heard that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that good health puts them out of business.... so I would go visit that 10th one.

8 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I also heard that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that good health puts them out of business.... so I would go visit that 10th one.

lol seriously 

Enlightenment is a journey that never ends, not a destination. Personality disorder is an excuse for some people but a list of symptoms and possible remedies and treatments for others. 

Your mind/ego is creating this delusion to stop your enlightenment, because if you become enlightened it loses control over you.

When you get closer it starts giving you false heart attacks.

The mind would rather your body died than give up control.

Edited by thesmileyone
x

2 hours ago, star ark said:

Enlightenment is a journey that never ends, not a destination. Personality disorder is an excuse for some people but a list of symptoms and possible remedies and treatments for others. 

Well said 

Thanks everyone!

@Mighty Mouse ; Wow great quote!

@pluto @SOUL @star ark @thesmileyone ; well said, althought I realize it’s all rational explanations, my mind wants so desperately to grab on to something ?

@Nahm ; ‘And so it is that we do not exist until we do; and then it is that we play with our world of existent things, and order and disorder them, and so it shall be that non-existence shall take us back from existence, and that nameless spirituality shall return to Void, like a tired child home from a very wild circus.’  Malaclypse the Younger

Lets say that I am (in lack of a better description of this me) somewhere in the middle. I exist as a nameless being, in and out of a great Void, trying not to fall of the edge. 

In short; I don’t have a clue.

19 hours ago, Outer said:

Mental Illness doesn't exist

It's easy for someone not experiencing it to shrug it off but it's not quite as simple as it exists or it doesn't. There are definitely genetic traits inherited that contribute to how someone's brain behaves, I know first hand. Although, these traits can range from mild to severe. Mild traits actually could actually manifest as useful behaviors of 'personality types' while severe traits can result in extreme ones that are erratic.

Yet, it's not all about just genetics, there are surely more that contributes to it and a holistic approach addressing all of the factors involved is needed. I agree that the easy treatment of drugs is abused too often and there are some nefarious ways they are used but there may actually be people who benefit from them as well. It's not a one size fits all solution for something like mental health and drugs should be a last resort in my opinion.

I do think it's irresponsible to be saying it doesn't exist when people are dealing with real conditions in life, it can lead them to think and feel like there's something they are doing wrong or they are bad which could exasperate the issue for them.

Edited by SOUL

13 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It's easy for someone not experiencing it to shrug it off but it's not quite as simple as it exists or it doesn't. There are definitely genetic traits inherited that contribute to how someone's brain behaves, I know first hand. Although, these traits can range from mild to severe. Mild traits actually could actually manifest as useful behaviors of 'personality types' while severe traits can result in extreme ones that are erratic.

Yet, it's not all about just genetics, there are surely more that contributes to it and a holistic approach addressing all of the factors involved is needed. I agree that the easy 'answer' of drugs is abused too often and there are some nefarious ways they are used but there may actually be people who benefit from them as well. It's not a one size fits all solution for something like mental health and drugs should be a last resort in my opinion.

I do think it's irresponsible to be saying it doesn't exist when people are dealing with real conditions in life, it can lead them to think and feel like there's something they are doing wrong or they are bad which could exasperate the issue for them.

Yeah this process of mental illness “disorder” is actual. It’s a happening. Can’t argue with that??‍♂️

Mental illness “disorder” causes suffering and suffering intensifies mental illness. The cause is the effect and the effect becomes the cause...These are not seperate. 

Edited by Faceless

@Outer

I don’t look to others to explain what is so obviously observable within my own consciousness. But I appreciate your video recommendation friend ?

Edited by Faceless

15 minutes ago, Outer said:

Mental Illness is a social construct, while suffering is not.

Your belief about mental illness is a social construct, the genetics that give the brain behavior traits are not.

Edited by SOUL