Viking

How do I deal with anxiety?

4 posts in this topic

I have my exam period starting next week and im anxious because im insecure about my knowledge.

I am trying to stay present and not think about that but I still have that shortness of breath often, feelings in the chest, a general feel of sadness in my throat a lot of the time. some of it may be unrelated to the exams. I meditate everyday, so it's easier to not react on those feelings, but still, they're present there.

I also start to feel very anxious when the thought comes "you just wasted X time". I think it's related to the studying. I am studying most of my free time. If im stuck on a certain question on a set of homework for example, I have that thought and it rushes in anxiety because I dont have much time to complete the homework. again, im trying to be as present as possible but it's till there, I dont think im fighting that feeling in the moment, but generally I think it's unhealthy and I should do something about it.

i also have anxiety in social situations. i am extremely aware of that one in the moment and i dont let it bother me too much, but its there. 

its as though im observing all my unhealthy patterns and habits but that doesnt eliminate them, dont know how to go about solving them.

Some ideas/videos/links would be appreciated as to how to deal with this "I waste time" anxiety and the general anxiety.

also how do i deal with the anxiety during an exam?

Edited by Ilya

Completelly accept every emotion that comes,dont wish it to go enjoy it even,ego wants to control and then you make it worse, when you accept it without wanting it to not be there it will soon go as every other emotion

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Revisit your assumptions.

The assumption that you exist is generated by a conspiracy. A conspiracy is created by two or more. In this case the body and mind.

You can only believe that's something is true only if there's enough proof. 

The mind shoots up a thought and the body reacts. That's the only proof that you exist inside a body.

It goes the other way around too, the body reacts to an event so as the mind can jump in and attach a thought to it, and make it appear real.

Otherwise the feeling would arise and fall almost instantly. Because who would care? It's just a feeling right? But when a thought is attached to it, it becomes important, and you come to existence, by creating an identity around it, I'm this and that because I have exams and the feelings are uncomfortable, because the future is important and so on, layers upon layers infinite layers of false proof that you exist.

Find out who you are, and the stories about anxiety will become irrelevant.

Leo in his latest video said something about emotions, that emotions are motion and somewhat. I don't get that, seems like everybody says the same about emotions, that they are motion and some kind of bullshit.

What everybody calls an emotion, is a story about a feeling that arises in order for the mind to jump in and name it as anxiety in this case, and attach a believable enough story around it. Now make a million of those stories about feelings with attached thoughts-stories and the other way around, sprinkle some mental images too, now call them memories or future "wants" and poof, there you are, you exist, exactly like a character in a movie.

You can battle with every little demon that comes in your way forever, you can make anything important enough. I would lose sleep about the stupidest thing. Find out who you are and everything else becomes irrelevant.