Why higher consciousness values?

Torkys
By Torkys in Personal Development -- [Main],
WHY? Why do we as a community praise high consciousness values? Values are inherently absolutely relative. Your values can be whatever and they depend on the goals an individual has. Cruelty, closed-mindedness and low consciousness are values to a mafioso. Why does it need to be high consciousness? Does this serve our agenda? "Well, but sure, you don't want to suffer in your life, want to live a dissatisfied life or be guilty on your deathbed!" - yeah, but these are choices I or you make. Even if I don't want these, this doesn't prove that these are absolute. Even if the human machine has "preferences", it can "sabotage itself" (which a majority of society does by pursuing success, but it doesn't make it lesser or lower level). My mind abused this realization, I started playing video games again because my subconscious values are guiding me and there is no reason to change anything if I don't want to design my life - which I intend to. This and the "value" of valuelessness makes it so that I can't say this without being a heretic of my own "faith". Back to the design table, starting from square 1.
  • 20 replies