DocHoliday

The Moving Camera

8 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post something less controversial today, which involves a very small and simple but highly effective technique to catch yourself and realise that time and especially the past, is not real and merely an illusion and only a dream.

The technique involves "watching" yourself as if you would look at yourself in a movie through an exterior camera.
So for exapmle, half an hour ago I just woke up here in Germany and made myself breakfast. While I was walking around the kitchen to get all the differnt things I needed, right after I grabbed one thing and walked on, I asked myself "Where was that "you" just 5 seconds ago?" - "Where was that "you" just 1 second ago?", and I let a short movie of that activity that I just executed run in my mind as if there was an exterior camera at the time filming me.

I repeated this multiple times just for the fun of it and what will ultimately happen is that this will put you right in touch with the "infinite now" (even though the concept of a "now" still involves (non-existent) time, I know that). So this will to some degree show you that all of this, reality, your whole life is nothing but maya - it's all illusion, it's all happening within absolute consciousness and you're right there, you're right in it.  

I hope this was helpful to you, I'd love to hear from you guys if you've tried this out for yourselves and want to share your experience.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday

Nice little trick to gain more mindfulness. The camera analogy definitely works well in modern times.

It didn't help me at all.... nope not one bit. I asked myself was that me reading your post? I immediately wished it wasn't me.... yea, I have weird movies.

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It didn't help me at all.... nope not one bit. 

@SOUL That's unfortunate.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday On second though it did help me.... I used up a couple of those illusory minutes that don't exist, I didn't really need help in using them but it did anyway and now I used a couple more.

Though, I will use a few making breakfast now, future me is alot more hungrier than present me is if I don't eat and will be pissed at past me if present me doesn't get it done, gah, present me has to do everything! Yes, very weird movies.

How about this paradox -- The Now is both always changing and always staying the same?

Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

36 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How about this paradox -- The Now is both always changing and always staying the same?

@Joseph Maynor I don't know what that "now" is you're talking about...;) Might be...might be that it's always changing and staying the same but I don't really care about that to be honest. To me, that's just further mental masturbation, I don't really think contepmlating this "paradox" will bring you anywhere specifically, other than to where you already are now. 

Edited by DocHoliday