krish

Why do we need god?

16 posts in this topic

One of my friend asked me a question “does god exist or not..tell me yes/no” ..since he asked this question in a casual way I don’t want to give an elaborate answer so I asked him back a question “why do u need god in first place? God is not going to help you do your work and you have to work for everything you want to achieve in your life so what difference does it make if god exists or not?”

after I asked this question he was speechless so I am I ...why do we need god ?

I know my egoic mind is making me to ask this question and I am curious to get answers from this forum what each one thinks

To me the relevant question is what thoughts and/or sensations is the word "God" being applied to.

@Joseph Maynor a common man may not think your way right? All he needs to know is why do we need god? What should I tell him 

Asking if God exists doesn't imply you NEED god. 

It seems as though you're asking as though God is some anthropomorphic figure up in the sky. No. God is right here in front of your eyes. To ask if god exists is like asking if you exist. Theres no difference.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

1 minute ago, krish said:

@Truth so what is your answer to “why do we need god?”

Because you're asleep.

Memento Mori

@Truth so we need god to awaken us? So what’s the use for me in my daily life? I still have to do my stuff and god is not going to help me so why I need him?

9 hours ago, krish said:

@Truth so we need god to awaken us? So what’s the use for me in my daily life? I still have to do my stuff and god is not going to help me so why I need him?

The "what's in it for me?" Mentality IS the issue here can't you see? That's the thing keeping you asleep!

You think getting what you need or getting what you want is what life is all about and this is a big fat lie. 

If you can't intuit that there's something greater than just "getting what I want." Then that shows you just how much you take life for granted.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth I get what you are saying because I am a spiritual person and following Leo’s videos for 3 years so I fully agree but to a common man who ask me this question “why do I need god?” I am not sure how should I answer him. this is where I am stuck.

@Leo Gura I wish leo you could take a video about this topic. I know you have already a ton of videos about enlightenment and related stuff but those are deep topics a common man may not understand to begin with... your thoughts ?

I see, Leo has talked about this already --> 

it's tricky, on the meta perspective we're tricking the ego into killing itself, so you can appreciate the issue here on convincing someone that they "need" God.

Memento Mori

@Truth this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for finding the video 

The supreme reality makes everything possible for us, the very fact that you exist. But what is the use in believing in God? Not so much. You have to experience God, only then do you stop believing and start knowing. Ordinary consciousness tries to make sense of God, creation implies a creator etc, that's all he can do. But to find the God, you have rise in consciousness, only then is it possible to meet God.

@krish

Maybe we simply are designed to need God?

Like hardcoded to.

Considering God is not a recent invention.

It is interesting to examine the type of society we had (in northern Europe) just 40-80  years ago to the one we have now.

When I was litle, we didn´t lock the door, not even at night and murder was a national event. Now...it is like in America.

You can't need something you are :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

why do we need god? because we need the self. how can we have the self without god? pursuit of god is pursuit of understanding the nature of who we are. we find ourselves lost, and need some greater perspective to find ourselves again.