willybilly30

Meditation on steriods

9 posts in this topic

I wanted to do a topic on this I guess cause I have not really done much but, my journal.

I decided to play Leo's play list on meditation cause I thought I am just starting this and this seems like a good place to start.

When I heard about this meditation I thought it would be easy cause I sit and think all the time.

But, thinking about  I don't really do that cause i may smoke, drink a soda, scratch or move..Also, my minds usually on something not just flowing free.

At first when sitting I thought wouldn't it be wonderful to be happy doing nothing? My happiness always depends on something cigarettes, internet, reading whatever. If for some weird reason I had to sit in a room with nothing in it not even windows I would be one bored and depressed person.

It got a bit hard later my mouth twitched for some reason, I wanted to look at my timer, I noticed I was looking around I thought no, I am staying meditating I want to do this.

I felt relaxed tho my body was relaxed but, my mind wanted attention I think.

I tried some labeling hearing, seeing, thinking, feeling.

I got this one thought that was so horrific I wont mention it but, I thought this is just a thought...It wont hurt anyone and I will let it play out.

I constantly fight stuff...If i itch take medicine, depressed smoke a cigarette, bad thought I bat away but, when i think about t it is facing the un comfortable things that make you strong.

I can be blissful, happy and meditate easy in a good setting but, life is not always good so, I want to be at peace what ever happens

What are your thoughts on this? 

@willybilly30 Yeah I think that’s a good lesson for you to learn. Can you retain your peace of mind when shit hits the fan in life? Meditation is a great way to cultivate that power. 

@willybilly30 I am happy for you! Meditation is a great thing to bring into life. Focusing on breathing from the stomach works well - the thinking stops. Eventually, there’s more space than thoughts, it’s wonderful, and it’s so worthwhile imo. That ‘space’ is peaceful, even when life is turbulent. Try many approaches too of course, find what works best for you. Get your ‘money’s worth’ out of it by never missing a day. Makes a huge difference over time. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

27 minutes ago, Slade said:

@willybilly30 Yeah I think that’s a good lesson for you to learn. Can you retain your peace of mind when shit hits the fan in life? Meditation is a great way to cultivate that power. 

I really want to be able to do that and not depend on stimulations peace of mind. He said to practice four times a day I am going to do that. 

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@willybilly30 I am happy for you! Meditation is a great thing to bring into life. Focusing on breathing from the stomach works well - the thinking stops. Eventually, there’s more space than thoughts, it’s wonderful, and it’s so worthwhile imo. That ‘space’ is peaceful, even when life is turbulent. Try many approaches too of course, find what works best for you. Get your ‘money’s worth’ out of it by never missing a day. Makes a huge difference over time. 

I kind of like thinking of the mantra Om Shanti when i get distracted or stressed can i add that too the Meditation where you do nothing or would that mess it up? I don't practice it as much as I should but, it brings me peace when i do. 

If it works it works, but do nothing is a special thing, in that it reveals the extraordinary, so try that also. The bliss is already fully present. Can we just see it, is the matter at hand. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

If it works it works, but do nothing is a special thing, in that it reveals the extraordinary, so try that also. The bliss is already fully present. Can we just see it, is the matter at hand. 

I better practice that as well, I don't want to miss that. 

the first step is becoming aware of things. shining the light of awareness on them is already curative. meditation does that, it's very powerful! that's change from within, inner growth. I'm happy for you! 

whatever arises, love that