sarapr

Me and the mind

9 posts in this topic

So Leo is his last episode keeps saying your mind has more control over you and as I was thinking about it I got really confused like okay we tend to think of ourselves as separate from others but when it comes to the mind we also perceive it as separate when it should be the only thing that we shouldn't perceive it as such so for example when we're doing sth out of habit and the mind's hands are forcing us to do it  it feels like we and the mind are separate things so what is the mind and what is the 'I' ? is it like the mind being constantly at war with itself? it doesn't make any sense as to why it should be that way!

In other words who is the mind controlling? Itself but how ? it seems like a strange loop cause for a controlling to happen there has to be two things.

Edited by sarapr

45 minutes ago, sarapr said:

it seems like a strange loop

That's right. It's a strange loop. It is struggling to control itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Mind is a concept.  What you need to start to do is to realize that all thoughts are just sensations.  And inside of those sensations is a fiction, what we call a thought-story.  Now, thoughts as sensations are part of reality, part of Existential Truth, but the insides of the thoughts are not Existentially True.  What we have a bad habit of doing, because we’ve been conditioned to do this from the time we were babies, is to create an Ego out of beliefs instead of just watching reality and being aware of reality.  Beliefs are simply the insides — or mental content — of certain thoughts.  This “Ego of beliefs” we create is a model and can never capture reality.  And we know this — but for some reason we have a hard time practicing it.    When you watch those thoughts as sensations, you will develop the awareness of what is happening, and so you’ll cling to beliefs less tightly.  And the less tightly you cling to beliefs, the more open you become to just seeing reality as it is.  Also you’ll become less judgmental because that results from clinging tightly to beliefs.  We spent the first part of our life learning beliefs and creating a strong Ego.  Now we must empty our cup of beliefs so we can see the Truth without any idea filters.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's right. It's a strange loop. It is struggling to control itself.

You actually said it in the end . when I wrote that I was still watching the first 20 mins.

@sarapr The I preceeds the mind. The I never changes for the mind. The mind can change the dream of the I. “Me” is directly of the mind, and directly of the I.        Alignment is alignment. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I believe absolutely everything except yourself is in control of your mind. Your mind is simply noticing things that have happened outside of you and giving you impulses. You didn't chose your favorite food, you were exposed to it via your culture and upbringing and now you have a preference, but it is not a taste you acquired via intention. You have no intention, you have impulses to do things and in hind sight you notice the impulse and make up an intention for you action, and then after that you create an ego based on your collective "fake" intentions. You're reading this now and only notice after the fact that you have retained the information. The actual important part, the retaining of the information, happens on its own and you can never claim to be responsible for it. Try and use you mind to stop breathing. Not your hands or taping closed your mouth, just try and not breath by willing it to happen. You can't, your body controls your mind and my actions influences yours.  

21 minutes ago, sarapr said:

You actually said it in the end . when I wrote that I was still watching the first 20 mins.

@sarapr Well, now you know better to at least watch videos 'till the end before making such premature statements. :P

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

20 hours ago, sarapr said:

So Leo is his last episode keeps saying your mind has more control over you and as I was thinking about it I got really confused like okay we tend to think of ourselves as separate from others but when it comes to the mind we also perceive it as separate when it should be the only thing that we shouldn't perceive it as such so for example when we're doing sth out of habit and the mind's hands are forcing us to do it  it feels like we and the mind are separate things so what is the mind and what is the 'I' ? is it like the mind being constantly at war with itself? it doesn't make any sense as to why it should be that way!

In other words who is the mind controlling? Itself but how ? it seems like a strange loop cause for a controlling to happen there has to be two things.

I’ve had the same question. If “I” am not the author of my thoughts, why would the mysterious source of thoughts create an antagonist to itself? Social programming? 

It's really very simple and I could explain how simple it is though people prefer to complicate it so won't embrace the simple. Instead they seek out the complicated, once one decides to search for the simplicity it will be found.