Guest Annetta

A Simple but Profound Insight

11 posts in this topic

Something I learned today,

Just be.

Happy.

It's a choice.  And it feels really good.

And bring it everywhere with you.

be-happy-029.jpg

Edited by Annetta

Yay!  I love.  Love love love.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Annetta said:

Something I learned today,

Just be.

Happy.

It's a choice.  And it feels really good.

And bring it everywhere with you.

be-happy-029.jpg

I really like what you're saying. It does what it says: reminds me to smile at/with/as the now☺ 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

To be happy and to "choose" to be happy constantly is all well and good, but the question is,
if one can remain happy and unperturbed even when things happen to him that would normally cause great feelings of agitation, stress, anxiety, fear, anger or annoyance?xD^_^ That's where it gets tricky and most of the time when push comes to shove, for many people their pseudo-happiness and calmness flies right out of the window because their unconscious, primal emotions and behaviours take over...so I'd watch out with that more or less "conscious" "choice" to be happy all the time. 

It could also become a slight or severe compulsion for people when they experience anything else apart from happiness and then tell themselves "No, I'm not allowed to feel this way, I have to be happy!", so emotional denial kicks in. It surely ranges from person to person, that's a fact, but for people who aren't at a sufficiently high level of understanding this, it can become quite dangerous and harmful.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

This is why meditation is so powerful, its like building a not forgetting skill and a conscious choice skill.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth

3 hours ago, Truth said:

This is why meditation is so powerful, its like building a not forgetting skill and a conscious choice skill.

Funny enough, the more you let go of your self through meditation or other means, the less there actually is to choose...at some point action will overcome the degree of thought and choice, since you simply flow along with life because you "just don't care anymore" to a great extent what happens because the "you" is kind of taken out of the equation. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

2 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

@Truth

Funny enough, the more you let go of your self through meditation or other means, the less there actually is to choose...at some point action will overcome the degree of thought and choice, since you simply flow along with life because you "just don't care anymore" to a great extent what happens because the "you" is kind of taken out of the equation. 

This is the only space "I" ever want to occupy ;)

Memento Mori

@DocHoliday You nake great points.  I'm not sure I could be happy in a situation that was not comfortable.  Maybe with practice.

As for repressing other emotions and choosing happiness, that could be a problem.  It is certainly something to be mindful of.