Parki

Should I do this ibogaine retreat?

18 posts in this topic

I want to do an ibogaine retreat.
I am going to take small doses(2-3g in root bark) just to make me hallucinate slightly everyday for a month(or less depends on how it will going).
I am not going to do any meditative technics.
Just lie down let go of control and see what happens.

I am doing this because I want to fix my social anxiety.

Am I doing this right?
I've never done this before so I've no idea about how effective this could be.
My relatives are completely against that
because they think that it is useless because
I am doing this to avoid doing the job(fixing it through AA),
and I am wonder if I am actually doing this just find a way to avoid doing the job.
-
As I said before I am doing this because of my social anxiety,
but actually I am not doing it for any particular purpose.
I simply could not know what do I need.
So asking me "what do you wanna fix?" could be fatal.

@Parki Stop using Iboga. You are going to harm yourself.

You've chosen the worse of all the possible options.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I have no comment because I don't know enough about it.

lol

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Parki Stop using Iboga. You are going to harm yourself.

You've chosen the worse of all the possible options.

Ibogaine is safe in the right setting.

I don't see why not OP, but you cannot escape 'the job', though it can be experienced totally as a joyful ride, depending on how little you get in your own way and on how open, honest and positive you manage to be.

What is more like a job, and a terrible job, is not being yourself, but because we are so used to it, the path of the real might feel like a job for a while, but what other option have you? It will be very worth it, just take some steps everyday and hang in there.

But yeah, ibogaine could help as well.

Find some mushrooms or LSD instead. Iboga will make your heart feel like it's coming out of your chest. I've tried it and it's the closest implication to what I think hell looks like. 

3 hours ago, JustinS said:

Iboga will make your heart feel like it's coming out of your ches

This didn't happen to me at all when I did 2g(in root bark) before.
10g did.
What was the dosage?
Did you took all the dose all at once or partially serveral times?

Iboga is simply an overkill for social anxiety problems. It's like hitting a nail with excavator. Not this tool, not this size. I would only consider it an option in case of hardcore heroin addiction or 30-years-long alcohol addiction. Deaths from ibogaine happen even in "clinical" setting. Not to mention hospitalizations, those are common.

There's a shit-ton of safer substances, that are also probably legal in your country (you have to check for yourself, as I don't know where you live), examples are: AL-LAD, 4-HO-MiPT or DPT. They can give you all that iboga has to offer and more. 

Mushrooms are the kings of alternative medicine. Medical science has actually been studying them and coming up with many potential benefits. I notice it is always mushrooms that get all the good press, everything else has so many potential negatives.

@Parki Oh didn’t see that you were microdosing. Then thats okay. I did almost a full dose with a gabon shaman. It was truly truly insane, yet awesome. I saw my whole life appear in clips behind my closed eyes. 

You might find this interesting.

@Girzo

8 hours ago, Girzo said:

Not this tool, not this size

but I am going to basicly take a threshold dose, I don't mean to flood.

I'd try ayahuasca if i were you. It's not as extreme as iboga, yet pretty hardcore. To my knowledge it's a lot safer than iboga.

Just came back from a three week ayahuasca retreat in the peruvian jungle, i'd say my anxiety levels are the lowest in about 10 years.  I'll probably make a seperate post about it later but i'd give ayahuasca a shot if shrooms/lsd haven't done it for you. There's no reason to start with the most extreme option.

@Joseph Maynor 4g of root bark.
I am not sure if I was it "naive spirtuality" and I was deluded, but this is what happened.
Think of an "I" that is making a picture. and inside that picture he draws several "I" who are  drawing the same thing.
You are one of these "I" who realized that he was drawn by someone else so you tell to "others" in your picture that we all drawn
and you celebrating that, and at this point you become the creator of that particular "I" you was a few second are.
Basicly the trip is just like you reading this text, except we don't realize that we are drawn and go to the upper "I".

You don't go to the "untimate creator" just to a slightly above one".
And this goes for like 4 hours. The trip goes for like 8 hours(in case if you wondering 10g would last 30 hours).
This is vague description, I cannot be very persise about it. I simply not remember it well.

@Parki

The Global Ibogaine Therapy Alliance (GITA)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/entheogenic/episodes/2014-01-12T17_23_43-08_00

www.ibogawellness.com

http://worldbridgers.org

Crossroads Ibogaine | Best Treatment Center for Heroin & Opiates!

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/entheogenic/episodes/2014-12-13T10_50_29-08_00 - Anny

(www.crossroadsibogaine.com)

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/entheogenic/episodes/2015-01-12T11_09_30-08_00 - four practitioners of bwiti iboga 

@aEOf What do you mean?
I mean I can google about ibogaine I probably will encounter these.
Are you just googling for myself or it somehow something I won't find on my own?