Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omni

CNN Article for Habits

4 posts in this topic

@Omni don’t build any good habits. 

Habit means a mindless action. In that article they claim that if everything they did was mindful, they would exert too much effort. That’s just another way of saying that they are too lazy to be mindful all the day. If you become mindful all the time (or as much as you can) all your habits -good and bad- would fall apart, because you will do everything mindfully. When you do everything mindfully, you will do only those actions that mean something to you, and that will benefit you. You will also become enlightened much faster.

So end all your mindless actions (habits), and do everything mindfully.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 1/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, How to be wise said:

@Omni don’t build any good habits. 

Habit means a mindless action. In that article they claim that if everything they did was mindful, they would exert too much effort. That’s just another way of saying that they are too lazy to be mindful all the day. If you become mindful all the time (or as much as you can) all your habits -good and bad- would fall apart, because you will do everything mindfully. When you do everything mindfully, you will do only those actions that mean something to you, and that will benefit you. You will also become enlightened much faster.

So end all your mindless actions (habits), and do everything mindfully.

Oops - Guess I should've posted it in the Self-Actualization section.

Though I agree with your concept, I don't think it's possible to click from being 100% conscious throughout your day with the simple idea 'just be conscious' Isn't that the battle we are all facing? Is to be conscious? Therefore I think we as creatures of habit should build productive habits such as meditation, critical thinking, educative content, healthy diets, etc. cutting out the worse ones over time. If we could all just choose this from one moment on, none of us would be here.

10 hours ago, Omni said:

Oops - Guess I should've posted it in the Self-Actualization section.

Though I agree with your concept, I don't think it's possible to click from being 100% conscious throughout your day with the simple idea 'just be conscious' Isn't that the battle we are all facing? Is to be conscious? Therefore I think we as creatures of habit should build productive habits such as meditation, critical thinking, educative content, healthy diets, etc. cutting out the worse ones over time. If we could all just choose this from one moment on, none of us would be here.

That’s true.

Just be mindful when you are doing all your habits, good or bad. Surely you’re capable of that much. That way, those habits will fall down. Just try to be mindful for as long as you can. When that much time becomes easy, extend it a bit. And so on. Within a few years you will see yourself mindful all the time.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie