Calmdown5

Leo, Do You Plan On Having A Family?

30 posts in this topic

I know in one of your videos, I think the 30 Ways society fucks you in the ass, you said that people have families as a distraction to stop them working on theirselves and growing as people. Does this mean you're not planning on having kids and a wife some day? 

While the main reason that I'm doing personal development is to grow myself and create the best life for myself as possible, I really want a family one day where I can share my knowledge with my children and see the grow up to be healthy, Individual adults. Which I'm guessing will be deeply satisfying..

Hi there, I think I can say something here even though I don't know from which place you are asking this, if it is for Leo'so validation, you get it wrong.  He is just a guy like you. And all what he saysis just his perspective.  There is what is called the law of personal proficiency. You got to be your own personal hero he is just to give you an idea. You Gatti make your own decisions.  And, who says living for tour lower self is bad.  May be it has no quality as your higher self but it is still your need, so your life your experience I guess. ....

Interesting question, I'm excited to hear Leo's response. I have a 1 year old. It's challenging to find time for anything beyond essential duties. But I love my son my more than anything. John Lee Domas talks about a "baby effect" that can be motivating. All the sudden there is another person that is completely dependent on you for everything. So it becomes easier to do whatever it takes to provide for them. I've read The Selfish Gene, it provides some interesting prospective on offspring :-)

@scratchdisk "The Baby Effect" happened to me. After I had my child I grew 20x faster. I do think Leo answered this question in the sun forum "Questions For Leo" where he said he wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, kibrekidusan said:

Hi there, I think I can say something here even though I don't know from which place you are asking this, if it is for Leo'so validation, you get it wrong.  He is just a guy like you. And all what he saysis just his perspective.  There is what is called the law of personal proficiency. You got to be your own personal hero he is just to give you an idea. You Gatti make your own decisions.  And, who says living for tour lower self is bad.  May be it has no quality as your higher self but it is still your need, so your life your experience I guess. ....

I'm definitely not asking for Leo's validation haha.. I'm 19 years old atm so I've got a while but I'm 100% sure that I want to have a family some day.

@Calmdown5 A lot of my friends began a family.  I kind of sat back and watched them all settling down. I could almost see the energy being sucked out of them. starting a family drains people.  The worst thing is is that they only knew their gf for about a year before having a child together.  Waaay to early.  My friends sometimes even tell me to stay single... My friends were stupid and settled down with someone they didn't even know.

At this time in my life, I don't want anything to do with starting a family or even a girlfriend. (:

Happily single till maybe 40...lol

Most people don't even know themselves, so it is too much to ask for them to know other people...Many people are married to "strangers" because they have no idea even who they are as people. Most people just live life and do things on auto-pilot and then when they are unhappy at 35-40 years old, they seem really surprised...But it is not really that life situations make us happy or unhappy, but our connection to something greater than our ego. You can have a family, you can have a job, you can do whatever you want, but you need to have that guiding light with you if you want to be happy.

While also one heck of a responsibility and life-changing desicion, I believe that having children is possibly a wonderful aid in discovering hidden parts and needed functions within yourself, because they will most definitely soak up everything you do and say and mirror it right back. 

It can be a great opportunity to learn how to be a proper role model and grow in unexpected ways, if that's the path you want to go some day. 

Edited by Miicat

Leo has so much great content that it's hard to pinpoint where he says specific things. Also, as he grows, his stances may change as well.

With that being said, there was one video I recall where, in one section of it, he puts himself into a trance and starts spilling out his desires in life—and if I recall correctly, he did mention that he wanted to start a family one day.

But regardless, there is a distinct difference between starting a family to be the end-all achievement to your life, and starting a family while committing to lifelong personal development and while settling down with a person that aligns with your values.

Edited by Clay Curl

Ultimately I will probably become a yogi, so I don't think a family is in the cards for me. I'm not opposed to it on principle or anything.

Nothing wrong with having a family if done for the right reasons.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Saitama The plan is to turn it into a vehicle for the distribution of the deepest yogic wisdom.

@Leo Gura  That is what I wonder the most, if I have a kid one day ( because I am not ready now, mentally) how deep into illusion it will throw me back. Being married is one thing, but having kids is completely different story. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Ultimately I will probably become a yogi,

what are your other choices?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Ultimately I will probably become a yogi...

@Leo Gura Can you please change your legal name to Leo Guru?

25 minutes ago, TruthSeeker said:

what are your other choices?

To follow your suggested path to chimphood ;)

17 minutes ago, Clay Curl said:

@Leo Gura Can you please change your legal name to Leo Guru?

Avoiding creating a cult is hard enough as it is.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Avoiding creating a cult is hard enough as it is.

xD I think it's too late for that... the way I would describe my experience with Actualized.org is: I have become conscious enough to realize that I'm in a cult and I will religiously follow Leo's suggestions, but I don't mind

Edited by Clay Curl

Let's give the man some time to think about it. First he said log cabin; then he said yogi. Maybe he wants to be a yogi inside a log cabin. Who knows? Give him some time to meditate on this so a true answer will come out.

@Clay Curl If you're in a cult, it's cause your mind created it. I don't do cults.