Dodo

Absolute "perspectives"

37 posts in this topic

After watching the vid of Leo's couch wisdom, i want to share that that's exactly why I'm looking for truth. In order to have the objective perspective, or the absolute perspective. 

Here's what is an absolute perspective - a perspective that is always true:

1) It's always the present moment is true, it's not a perspective. Meaning Even if you take the opposite perspective, it's still true for you that you're in the present moment.

2) You are aware. This is again not dependent on perspective.  You are aware whether or not your perspective is that you are aware. 

3) You don't know what you don't know - Again, even if your perspective is that you do, you still don't know what you don't know - It's an objective fact independent of subjectivity/perspective. 

So perhaps we can go ahead and hold these "things" as concrete, as anchors one can use to ground to reality. They are objective reality. Im not saying the list is exhausted, it's just the nuggets that I've found. It's not all perspective... That's my perspective, but based on the three things that are undeniably Not a perspective

PS: By the way I've also had this idea and said it to my buddhist friend once, when I was an atheist that we should together try to have different relligions each week and see how different it feels :D 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo You're never going to get an absolute perspective, unless you're at the very peak of an epic enlightenment experience -- and even then, there would be no self and no universe at that moment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Dodo You're never going to get an absolute perspective, unless you're at the very peak of an epic enlightenment experience -- and even then, there would be no self and no universe at that moment.

But, there is still the knowing of it, or that Enlightenment knows itself by itself, but this means knowing is there.

Otherwise how could anyone know of it or having experienced it?

Also it's not like the absolute will happen in a space outside of "the now", even if it is a radically different experience / non-experience.

So at least these two points hold even in the radicalness of infinity

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

It seems more like you are speaking about truisms or axioms, which can be powerful for awareness because they are existentially evident.

Here’s good way for open mind

every single perspective on any issue especially on philosophical debates is right in its own way - this is very often the case

combine all perspectives together and you will form something closer to universal model of reality of this issue

for instance, after-life: heaven hell reincarnation being ghost another dimension of beings void or eternal nothingness

combine them all together and u will get something close to how things are

but Truth is simply about being in your natural non dual state of being (like all animals) when life is absolute meaning for itself, it’s not about opinions or models

No perspective is death. You guys wanna die so much so early. What about leaving your life with a simple joy and love?! 

We all gonna die someday you know? It is absolutely opposite of wise to rush that moment. This is my perspective!

Wubba lubba dub dub! 

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, Monkey-man said:

Here’s good way for open mind

every single perspective on any issue especially on philosophical debates is right in its own way - this is very often the case

combine all perspectives together and you will form something closer to universal model of reality of this issue

for instance, after-life: heaven hell reincarnation being ghost another dimension of beings void or eternal nothingness

combine them all together and u will get something close to how things are

but Truth is simply about being in your natural non dual state of being (like all animals) when life is absolute meaning for itself, it’s not about opinions or models

This is just meshing up a bunch of theories though. What I'm interested in is what is the common between all theories which will be absolutely true no matter what.

One, whatever it is it has to be known, otherwise it's not relevant. Two, it has to be your present moment reality, because if it isn't it's again not relevant to talk about it.

For example, let's take heaven and eternal nothingness.  There needs to be a witness to know that heaven and there needs to be a witness to know that eternal nothingness,  otherwise it will be just a "skip" action until the knowing appears.

The point of Knowing is empty, it doesnt create duality. Even if it's only nothingness,  then that nothingness knows itself, in order for this to be a possible afterlife. Or the heaven knows itself, although the concept of heaven allows for a wiggle room for there to be an actual ego self experiencing something external to itself which is amazing. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo you don’t understand... it’s not about combining or finding common place... no it’s fuckin death! Literally! 

No perspective means becoming infinite which is impossible to stay in your current body mind form afterwards. I am pretty sure Leo has never experienced absolute infinity even if he thinks he did. It is fuking impossible to come back after that. So you are after unicorn here. Or worse... you just want to die early. Which is foolish way of wasting your life...

this is my perspective. Now swallow it! you need that one too to become absolute ;) 

Edited by egoless

5 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Dodo you don’t understand... it’s not about combining or finding common place... no it’s fuckin death! Literally! 

No perspective means becoming infinite which is impossible to stay in your current body mind form afterwards. I am pretty sure Leo has never experienced absolute infinity even if he thinks he did. It is fuking impossible to come back after that. So you are after unicorn here. Or worse... you just want to die early. Which is foolish way of wasting your life...

this is my perspective. Now swallow it you need that one too to become absolute ;) 

Did not say that im after infinity or that im not after it. 

Your perspective can only be true if everyone is lying about absolute infinity. Contemplate. For there to be any knowledge about paths to the absolute,  there needs to be someone who remained in their bodymind after being aware of it.

In order for you to know that what you're saying is true, you must have experienced it? To know foor a fact? 

Please don't lie like that, not every bunch of text can be considered a valid perspective. It's clearly just your imagination.

I'm contemplating the absolute which is also here now, so no death is required. If it's absolute it is here now. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo remember Enlightenment is not equal to absolute infinity. Tripping balls on 5 Meo is not equal to absolute infinity. There is a huge misconception here! Even Leo said in his video that most Enlightenment people still have some kind of perspectives! Sadhguru has one! 

Maybe you did not use word infinity but no perspective means infinity of perspectives. It means that you are aware of them all! Which is impossible in this life! Only infinite god is infinity of perspectives which you will never be until you die!

Stop playing infinite god guys! You are just a “human version” of it!

death is here now! As well! Think! That’s easyto understand!

Edited by egoless

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Dodo remember Enlightenment is not equal to absolute infinity. Tripping balls on 5 Meo is not equal to absolute infinity. There is a huge misconception here! Even Leo said in his video that most Enlightenment people still have some kind of perspectives! Sadhguru has one! 

Maybe you did not use word infinity but no perspective means infinity of perspectives. It means that you are aware of them all! Which is impossible in this life! Only infinite god is infinity of perspectives which you will never be until you die!

Stop playing infinite god guys! You are just a “human version” of him!

I'm not talking about "No perspective"  either. You have a belief that the infinite means No perspective, because Leo or someone else told you. You're thinking about it and making conclusions.

So, I'm not talking about "No perspective"  im talking about what is NOT a perspective. I'm talking about what is here ABSOLUTELY without a doubt. Good test for such a thing would be that even the doubt of it would arise in it. No death required to grasp it.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo I’m done here. I can’t convince or make you understand what you refuse to see. Live a healthy life. That’s all I can wish to you. I’m out...

18 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Dodo I’m done here. I can’t convince or make you understand what you refuse to see. Live a healthy life. That’s all I can wish to you. I’m out...

Really I don't understand. All im saying with my posts is that there is something absolute - a common ground between all forms of experience - including seeking infinity, not seeking it, being infinity and not being it.

What I'm looking for is more like an anchor that I can become directly aware of in ANY situation,  so that im not completely lost in the changing content :)

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Really I don't understand. All im saying with my posts is that there is something absolute - a common ground between all forms of experience - including seeking infinity, not seeking it, being infinity and not being it.

What I'm looking for is more like an anchor that I can become directly aware of in ANY situation,  so that im not completely lost in the changing content :)

Than that’s another talk. Your first post was way too ambiguous. If you mean Enlightenment - knowing your true nature I still don’t consider it as a common ground because the most people won’t have this “perspective”...

there is no common ground. Reality is entirely relative. 

quote-i-teach-about-suffering-and-the-way-to-end-it-gautama-buddha-66-94-99.jpg

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

Than that’s another talk. Your first post was way too ambiguous. If you mean Enlightenment - knowing your true nature I still don’t consider it as a common ground because the most people won’t have this “perspective”...

there is no common ground. Reality is entirely relative. 

That's what I mean. Even if they don't have this perspective intellectually, it doesnt mean they are not aware and that they're not in the present moment. 

That's why im saying that those things are absolute- because they dont depend on your perspective. 

Truth for me is that which always is no matter what the perspective. Independent of perspectives. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Just now, Dodo said:

That's what I mean. Even if they don't have this perspective intellectually, it doesnt mean they are not aware and that they're not in the present moment. 

That's why im saying that those things are absolute- because they dont depend on your perspective. 

Truth for me is that which always is no matter what the perspective. 

Haha I understand what you mean. But still you are missing a point here. These what you mentioned can only be true for you. The other person who thinks he is the body - that will be the Truth for him. In your reality you don’t exist in his reality he exists... see? 

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

Haha I understand what you mean. But still you are missing a point here. These what you mentioned can only be true for you. The other person who thinks he is the body - that will be the Truth for him. In your reality you don’t exist in his reality he exists... see? 

But i understand your point, it's simply not relevant to what I mean.

Im saying that even if you think you are the body, you're still aware and in the present moment. Doesn't change the fact that one doesn't know they are aware and in the present moment, the reality of their situation is, that they are there and aware. No matter what they do or don't identify with.

Im not saying that those things are noticed absolutely, I'm saying they are true absolutely. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

9 minutes ago, Dodo said:

But i understand your point, it's simply not relevant to what I mean.

Im saying that even if you think you are the body, you're still aware and in the present moment. Doesn't change the fact that one doesn't know they are aware and in the present moment, the reality of their situation is, that they are there and aware. No matter what they do or don't identify with.

Im not saying that those things are noticed absolutely, I'm saying they are true absolutely. 

Even saying that they are true absolutely is perspective. They are not True absolutely. And I have my own arguments for that which may be very long topic.

the closest you can get is Nothing=absolute

Edited by egoless