Sahil Pandit

Eating as meditation

6 posts in this topic

I would like to turn eating into a ritual that is centered around higher consciousness, does anyone have any suggestions? Here's what I know I should be doing.

1. Take your time - If a meal take 5 minutes to eat, take 15. Deliberately eat and chew mindfully. Your thoughts and feelings while eating get digested as you eat, so avoid thinking about things that worry you!

2. DONT watch YouTube videos that are a distraction. This one was huge for me. I spent three years watching trash, now I focus on listening to Personal Development material as well as how to become better at Yoga.

3. Dont do any activity immediately afterwards that require physical effort.

4. Drink warm water, because cold water causes an imbalance in your stomach.

Totally.  When I eat now I really take my time and enjoy every bite.  Eating is one of life's greatest pleasures.  It is communing with the Body-Mind.  I love feeling how the foods and supplements I take affect the Body-Mind.  Fueling is enjoying to both the Body and the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

When i used to do one meal a day it taught me to really appreciate and enjoy food or the times after i did a water fast. I would sit and eat slowly and enjoy every flavor and texture mostly with eyes closes and i felt more nourished when i do this. I also feel more spiritually connected to the food. I cannot stand people talking or tv being on when i am eating.

This also lead me to doing other things "One thing at a time" the more i did this the more i could skip meditation as it in-itself was leaving me feeling like i had just meditated afterwards. Mindfulness <3

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1. Drink water before / a little bit during the meal. Don't drink too much water after the meal. This Will aid your digestive system to digest food faster and more efficiently.
  2. Before you start eating enter a state of gratitude. Inhale gratitude. Then eat the meal from that state of gratitude. Notice how the entire experience of eating changes for the better.
  3. When you are eating focus on eating mindfully and slowly.
  4. When you are eating, don't watch videos, talk, read or anything else, just focus on eating.

7 minutes ago, AleksM said:

1. Drink water before / a little bit during the meal. Don't drink too much water after the meal. This Will aid your digestive system to digest food faster and more efficiently.
  2. Before you start eating enter a state of gratitude. Inhale gratitude. Then eat the meal from that state of gratitude. Notice how the entire experience of eating changes for the better.
  3. When you are eating focus on eating mindfully and slowly.
  4. When you are eating, don't watch videos, talk, read or anything else, just focus on eating.

Can't follow step 1, because I am a frog. What can I say, I love my water more than my digesting. 

-1/12 is Infinity