Dsteller

Is Wanting the Heart of All Suffering?

8 posts in this topic

Thought? In times of crisis, the neurotic mind will say "I can't," or "I need," etc. I've been training myself to say "I want," instead but I think to myself, is wanted at the heart of all suffering? Thoughts?

I think it's:
Resistance to what is.
We have an idea of how reality "should be" and compare that to "actual reality" and when it doesn't match up it creates a conflict in us.
Resistance.

I'm not sure if wanting is bad? I guess you can wan't something and be detached from it's outcome.
If you get it great. If you don't that's ok too.
But when "needing" it, it's like you tell yourself your happiness is depending on it.
You imagine yourself in the future getting it and compare this images to your present situation. Creating a false belief and feeling that something is lacking/missing.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Nahm stop talking about non-duality here. Saying that there is no such thing as suffering will not help anyone here.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Dsteller

It's all a paradox. My personal philosophy is similar to what Leo describes in his latest motivational video:

Yes, I want to be obsessed and with unreasonably high standards for my life. Standards so high that 99% of people can't relate to me.

And, I want to so not give a shit that I could drop it at any second and laugh. Because it's all a joke.

So I don't see "wanting" as the root of suffering. At least not in the way I define "wanting".

Wanting is inevitable. Wanting is what life is all about.

Continual, never ending creation.

The question is, are you aware that the game never ends? 

No, the heart of all suffering is the Mind putting false expectations on reality.

Again the center would have to take credit for this one to lol