Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

Is it Weird that I Have No Interest in Studying Enlightenment Gurus?

24 posts in this topic

I, too, have little to no interest in any.

3 hours ago, egoless said:

Yes that’s right. Rationality is only one limited way to look at it. But to really “find” yourself you will have to adopt more holistic view point.

Once you find yourself you still have the issue of how to deal with beliefs.  So, Enlightenment must deal with beliefs as well as the Authentic-Self.  This is kind of where Philosophy and Enlightenment need to have a baby.  You might call this Epistemology, although I don’t like that word very much.  It’s too loaded of a term.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

52 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Once you find yourself you still have the issue of how to deal with beliefs.  So, Enlightenment must deal with beliefs as well as the Authentic-Self.  This is kind of where Philosophy and Enlightenment need to have a baby.  You might call this Epistemology, although I don’t like that word very much.  It’s too loaded of a term.

Sure Enlightenment does not mean the end of life if you mean that. You still have to live yours even after full realization. But your attitude changes. You can no longer be hurt or affected by the contents of reality. You recognize yourself as the ever present knowing consciousness. 

You are free to explore or study whatever the hell you want afterwards. Enlightenment does not mean that you know all the contents. You still does not know anything new in the contents of reality other than your true nature.

I don't think it's strange at all. Some people don't need many teachers. They have a strong drive within themselves already and are motivated to do the work. They raise their consciousness very well by themselves, without outer help. For some people it might even be easier to do it on their own. They know what works best for them. Maybe they have tried to listen to many teachers and haven't found anything that resonates.