Joseph Maynor

How Do We Strike a Balance Between Deconstruction and Construction?

7 posts in this topic

I mean construction in the sense of your own genuine knowledge/ philosophy.

Video to watch first to get your mental juices flowing:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I mean construction in the sense of your own genuine knowledge/ philosophy.

That's your job to figure out what that is and deconstruct it. But if you really want to cut to the chase. It's all of it. He who thinks he knows where he is standing- is in trouble.

47 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

That's your job to figure out what that is and deconstruct it. But if you really want to cut to the chase. It's all of it. He who thinks he knows where he is standing- is in trouble.

The problem is that once we find this, we wanna run around and tell everybody that that is the way things are.  We want to promote our ideas.  We are not content to just keep our beliefs to ourselves.  We need that sense of feeling superior to other people that we deem to be ignorant in comparison.  This relieves us of our insecurity of being inferior, which we have been programmed with in our childhood somewhere.  This whole sense of needing to know is a disease.  And a lot of people are not conscious of this trap fully.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

@Joseph Maynor Yeah, there's an ocean of peace to be found in being ok with not knowing ?

It's a self-acceptance issue too -- accepting not-knowing.  The neurosis behind need to know is often a self-esteem issue.  I've noticed it in myself.  It manifests as chronic know-it-all-ism.  The Ego likes to be the guy who is always right -- the guy who always knows.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Yes, I also suffered from the same thing! The antidote was placing faith in the practice of No-mind! Thanks to Leo who gave me some sound self inquiry tips for my specific situation which made me fully accept and surrender to the practice <3 

In other words, all I need to know is that which is in my direct experience, because the rest can always be belief, so I cant personally attach to something that I know could be just a story in my head, while previously I would have thought it's truth and defend it all day.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity