BobbyLowell

How to find my authentic personality?

17 posts in this topic

Do you guys have any online courses I can take to help the process, books to read etc. this is something I have been focusing on lately. I'm already using affirmations and binaural beats with subliminal messages

Edited by BobbyLowell

Nono authentic should be the real you. It shouldn't be any image of you, although being authentic could mean following your set values. So if you're doing affirmations, they're something that helps you to discover who you really are. That's not who you really are in the end. They can still be great though. Being yourself isn't a quick process overall and it will take time, effort and different approaches. I would say that it's not something you need to directly work at that much apart from maybe asking what roles you have or what you're trying to be and if that's a good idea.

Watch Leo's video about roles.

Something that may be useful is to be radical honest (maybe in this situation most important to be honest with your self)

something i have tryed before was to really give as much attention as possible to the thoughts that i had and feel what felt authentic and what didn't 

If you want the best results I recommend doing it full time of course with breaks (with some theory and pratice)

Edited by BjarkeT

Taking action on finding your authentic personality 

Edited by BjarkeT

I’ve never understood the question “how do I be myself”? How can someone NOT be themself? Even if you feel like you are not being yourself, that IS who you are - a person who feels inauthentic. 

The alternative is to recognize the self as an illusion and go beyond - in which case you no longer care about being a self anymore

Edited by Serotoninluv

1. Stop controlling your actions
  2. Done

Anything else will manipulate your authentic self.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Joseph Maynor

agree with Joseph here. Life purpose course will start uncovering your values and authentic self

Edited by d0ornokey

To find your authentic personality you should ask yourself what gives you energy being around people or alone(extrovert or introvert)how do you take in information threw senses or intuition you like practical action steps or how will things play out (psychology around it) you have 3 more parts but i need to finish the book im reading this should also help https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

@Ilya because thats what self actualization work is :)

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

On 12/27/2017 at 10:53 AM, K VIL said:

you are authentic until you think otherwise.

I agree:D