Joseph Maynor

What Do You Think of the Idea That the Now Never Changes and That all Change is thus an Illusion

16 posts in this topic

That question only leads to silence

Edited by cirkussmile

@Joseph Maynor as the pure white paper already contains all the possible figures in all the possible shapes, forms and pose in the NOW. It all depends what you see on that white paper. You imagine distinctive boarders which create certain figures in certain poses.

Edited by egoless

4 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

That question only leads to silence

Agreed, If I understood you correctly. All I can say is, I can point to an experience I could label as "happening" or "change". Is it real? I don't know man, but listen to this sweet silence for a second. Mmmmm feels good.

1 hour ago, molosku said:

Agreed, If I understood you correctly. All I can say is, I can point to an experience I could label as "happening" or "change". Is it real? I don't know man, but listen to this sweet silence for a second. Mmmmm feels good.

Stay there and it will penetrate your whole being eventually

Peace

I don’t know it’s hard to say with our limits of conscious attention, and the fact that my 2 year old is trying to eat everything he sees lol....... but lets give it a try.....

To me the now is dynamic, active, alive, therefore this would imply that the now is constantly changing. Constantly anew. A continuous movement with intervals of change  that fall out and that blend back into one another or interchange. This idea that the now doesn’t change seems a like point of view that is influenced through a perspective of thought projected as an abstraction. This seems to be due to thoughts limited field of reference. If the now didn’t change that would imply it was static,frozen, dead. 

“No man ever steps in the same river twice"

H.

Anyone else have a interesting point of view?

I had surgery two weeks ago under general anesthesia. I don't remember being out but I do remember coming back. I could feel time and movement returning to awareness. Than I was back to where the "action" happens. It was quite a contrast. Somehow g/a is deeper than regular sleep. It felt almost like being reborn as I was came back. Experiencing time and movement (action) as something strange or 'other' than what I was.  Than the mind came back along with time and movement as a full set.  I don't know where 'I' was before time and movement returned, but I was just fine there. This place is noisy, bright, cold, never standing still, endlessly morphing, actions- interactions, hustle -bustle. Sheesh No wonder newborn babies cry.

11 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

I had surgery two weeks ago under general anesthesia. I don't remember being out but I do remember coming back. I could feel time and movement returning to awareness. Than I was back to where the "action" happens. It was quite a contrast. Somehow g/a is deeper than regular sleep. It felt almost like being reborn as I was came back. Experiencing time and movement (action) as something strange or 'other' than what I was.  Than the mind came back along with time and movement as a full set.  I don't know where 'I' was before time and movement returned, but I was just fine there. This place is noisy, bright, cold, never standing still, endlessly morphing, actions- interactions, hustle -bustle. Sheesh No wonder newborn babies cry.

wow it thats a very interesting point, thank you for sharing.

Edited by UDT

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

14 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Another one of my recent insights.

If it is an insight, you don't need to think about it, even less ask opinions about it.

@molosku If you can find this stateless state, infinitely open and quiet, and if you can come back to it at will.

Then you'll awaken.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, molosku said:

@Shin  yes, master Shin.

If you're making fun of me, that's ok I know I can be stupid/arrogant sometimes but I don't care so ... :ph34r:

If you're serious, I'm like no way near this, in fact, a lot of other dudes and dudettes in here are way more conscious and developed than I am, I just talk a lot :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@cetus56 that’s really interesting. Reminds me of this time I passed out. I noticed a quick little thought stream where I was “choosing” the micro steps of passing out, convinced I was doing it on purpose. Lasted a second or two.  It was weird stayed with me for a few days. I think it was the first time I was ‘behind’ my thoughts, seeing them operate.      Another time, I had an hr long surgery planned, for a deviated septum. I woke up two days later in the icu and thought it had been an hour. The dr’s said I had a weird reaction to the anathesia, and that I was asking them about their weekend plans while they were grinding down my nose bone. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE