Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omni

Personal Spiral Dynamic Assessment

1 post in this topic

If anyone has a more efficient spiral dynamic model they have found, please feel free to share!

[Image in spoilers]

spiraldynamics.jpg

So I've recently came to the realization that I'm currently apart of one of the "We" stages in spiral dynamics, But I'm struggling to determine which one that may be at this present moment.

I have many properties of Orange, and that's very apparent to me, but I remain torn between either blue or green. - Hell, maybe I have a bit of both!
Edit: after doing a bit more digging - I may have narrowed myself away from blue a bit, as I have less in common with it than I previously believed. Though I could be completely wrong.

Right now I am too concerned with the exterior world around me, and trying to add quality to it all. Friends, family and whatnot.

To my own surprise (I consider myself an introvert more so than extrovert) I've been overly attached with the idea of certain people I thought were pretty good friends of mine that used to show a lot of interest with our interactions, no longer showing interest - and for no apparent reason I have gotten too involved in that mentality.

I'm noticing the slow transition back to "I" - Sharing insights I've discovered recently means little to nothing to others, and in turn makes it harder to connect with people. - Many take it as condescending and don't simply grasp that my intentions were not to talk down, but to help others. This could also be my poor ability to articulate my intentions fully without certain things being out of context, I'm notorious for that.

And now... Surprise, surprise - I've found refuge in this forums to maintain this dependency of connection of like minded individuals. This has not gone unnoticed by me.

Everyone who I still talk to has noticed and even proclaimed a positive change for the better, in comparison of how I used to be, which leads me to believe that I am on the right path, one way or another.

Maintaining that path is my challenge.

A few things to know about how I was prior to all of my positive changes:

- I didn't cry, almost ever - I had a coping mechanism of repressing any issues that have happened in the past, it worked only to a very small degree and didn't fix problems, only distracted me elsewhere. - I still don't really cry, but I'm no longer afraid to claim that something has touched me in such a profound way that it brought tears to my eyes. I'm more accepting of my emotions in their entirety now.

- I had many more dependencies than I do now. (Or so I believe to be the case - this can be delusion speaking.)

- Anger and frustration was a common thing for me - it still is to an extent but not to the same degree, I am finding new methods every day to channel these feelings.

- I'm not as argumentative, but I still am to a degree - I'm more willing to admit my wrongings when faced with them, and I will normally try to diffuse the situation before it escalates rather than fueling it, and man did I used to fuel the fuck out of them.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by Omni