Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoless

How to stop constant racing in the future?!

2 posts in this topic

Most of you know Eckhart Tolle's - The Power of Now. Reading this book was tremendous value for me in improving different aspects of my life. First of all by being present I stopped my constant worry about the past mistakes or what could I've done differently. I also greatly minimized the attention I used to pay about what other people thought about me. However I find it still very challenging to not race in the future with my thoughts. In stressful situations I tent to over-analyze the future worst-case scenarios. As a result my anxiety and stress levels rise. What is the best way to stop that constant racing in the future? What is the best way to quickly snap back yourself in the present moment without any future worries. 

You are coming at it from a point of "I am in control, I need to stop racing with my thoughts to the future". But that is not the way to go from my experience. How it works is to question the beliefs that make your thoughts race into the future. Once you let go of the beliefs, less thoughts will arise automatically, just like now they are arising automatically.

What do you want to control in the future? What are your fears about your future? What is the assumption that creates those fears?

If all is oneness and oneness is love, why do you need to worry about those things?

Do you experience fear of missing out?

Can you admit to yourself that you are addicted to fantasising about the future? Addicted to controlling the outcome?

Trust

Develop faith

Love

-_-

Edited by No-Thing