Faceless

What is consciousness?

38 posts in this topic

Isn’t consciousness simply “mind” and it’s content? 

What do u guys think?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Respectfully, Do we need to watch a video on what consciousness is to see its nature? 

Personally I don’t fill my head with such ideas. We have all the reference we need. We are our own book to learn. 

Now what is consciousness when u observe your own? Without someone else’s idea of what it is. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless

Consciousness is simply experience.

Awareness is the observation of that experience. You are the experience, you are consciousness.

This experience is happening right here, right now.

A thought story can happen only in time. The only moment in existence is the now moment. Experience happens  only in the now moment. Experience is not happening in time, because time is illusory. Time is a byproduct of consciousness reflecting back on its own existence.

The quality of the experience depends on the vibrational frequency of the mind and body. The higher the frequency, the more expansive the experience of life becomes. The lower the frequency, the more limited of an experience you have. 

The mind and body is the content of experience, content of consciousness. Changing the content of mind and body, changes the experience.(#purification)

Awareness is aware of the content. Consciousness is only conscious of the totality of it which is experience.

Higher frequency = more experiences

Lower frequency = less experiences

frequency-wavelength-image1.PNG

The line from the left to right being the same amount of time.

Edited by AleksM

Hmm...frequency measure seems rather interesting....So as far as everyday life as we actually perceive it is our conciousness a manifestation of only our experiences or does knowledge/thought “conditioning” also a part of this content? I mean we are a product of such content are we not? ....It seems reasonable that consciousness is the mind and it’s content. 

Anyone else? 

If you look at it this way: There is a car, your body and consciousness 

Light get reflected from the car, your eye picks up the light from said car and converts into useful electric information. This information is now send to "your" consciousness and you become aware of the car. The information is also stored in short term memory, if a emotion is used then it's also hard "printed" into your long term memory.

If you brain later things of the car, you become conscious of that thought. So you must be aware of the fact that you mind always serves as a lens of sorts.

Also if your being bombarded with thoughts, you won't have the clarity to perceive reality as it is, you are lost in thoughts so to speak. Because there is only so much information that can be sent at any given time. So here is where high vs low consciousness comes into play.

Edited by Spiral

Consciousness means awareness.  High-consciousness mean high-awareness.  Low-consciousness means low-awareness.

@Faceless Minds, like brains, do not exist. They are just concepts. You've never see a mind. "Mind" was an idea invented by humans some centuries ago, which has now become a part of your reality through unquestioned cultural indoctrination.

Try pointing to your mind. I dare ya ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe U forgot knowledge? 

Consciousness is always of the past, never of the present. You are conscious only of things that are over.

You see the interval?

That is our state of consciousness, which is conditioned by the past and our thought. This  conditioned response challenges a fact and the more you respond according to the conditioning of belief, of the past, the more there is strengthening of the past.

Watch and you will see that consciousness is functioning between the past and the future and that the present is only a passage of the past to the future. 

Anyway awareness is generally influiced by  conditioning or knowledge. Of course when there is a capacity of tremendous attention to  the content of our conciousess “insight” we are not slaves to that knowledge. Knowledge and perception can coincide without knowledge interfering with that direct observation and so on.

Yes mind is a concept lol 

But remember the word is never the thing in which it is pointing to 

We are using mind as thought/knowledge/time/ego 

the U and Me 

9 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Yes mind is a concept lol 

But remember the word is never the thing in which it is pointing to 

The idea that words are pointing to things is just another false belief, false paradigm.  All beliefs are false.  Don’t look for a rational proof of this either.  It can only be confirmed by keen-awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The word is never the thing 

that’s a fact 

What is a fact?  Contemplate that one.  You’ll see that you’re not as solid about this as the Mind likes to think.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Your talking to one who holds absolutely no beliefs whatsoever ... belief implies fear 

Edited by Faceless

Fact is what is so of itself. What is actual. Anything beyond that is a fact becoming distorted into an abstraction. So I hope your not going to get all speculative on me lol 

I’m 4. I’m 3. I must be 2.

Nah. You’re One. 

“If I’m doin my job, it’s your resolve that breaks....cause the hook brings you back!” John Popper.

The hook of illusion, is thinking.

”on that, you can rely”.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

"The entity which thinks, cannot be the one which sees that"

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Source_Mystic Do you see that this belief is false:  "I understand the nature of thought as an approximation and not a perfect facsimile of reality." 

What is the nature of thought?  What is an approximation of reality?  What is a facsimile of reality?  What is I understand?  What is I?  There's a lot of stuff to contemplate here.  Can you see how the Mind is hiding behind this linguistic facade, propping it up with a house of cards?  But it seems so true huh -- so real!  Until you look a little deeper -- a little more carefully.  All meaning is false.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Faceless Minds, like brains, do not exist. They are just concepts. You've never see a mind. "Mind" was an idea invented by humans some centuries ago, which has now become a part of your reality through unquestioned cultural indoctrination.

Try pointing to your mind. I dare ya ;)

You can't point to mind, but you can point to your brain. Yes you may say it is appearance but anyways you can point to it. What's the next step?