MM1988

Problems understanding Brains do not exist video

105 posts in this topic

Oh I must have missed it .. I usually don’t read  about or watch vids on consciousness. 

This buddhist teacher gives a nice addition and says basically the same thing as Leo's brain video

@beastmode  I don't ascribe to any 'ism' so I am not an 'ist' of any kind. Besides, skepticism is very much a belief paradigm itself, ironically, even in it's trusting in doubt as a useful tool..

A belief is just the mind's way of trusting it's own perception even if that belief is that one doesn't trust their perceptions. It really is impossible to rid the mind of 'belief' otherwise we'd not even be able to navigate this world enough to survive in it, 'belief' is a psychological requirement for any action that isn't an involuntary one that happens without us being aware of it.

So, what one may strive for if 'belief' is viewed as some sort of negative, which itself is another belief, would be to take the Occam's razor approach to it. That is to hold the the smallest leap of belief or number of beliefs needed to just be.