Water

What Is Your Greatest Fear?

36 posts in this topic

My greatest fear was not having identity. Now I know that's my greatest fear. 

And I think I am beginning to understand why.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

And I think I am beginning to understand why.

Can you elaborate?

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

10 minutes ago, Water said:

Can you elaborate?

Yes @Water  I had a nightmare in which I was without any identity. I didn’t have past, no future, no history and everything was completely black. There was nothing there but me. It happened not the whole dream, it wasn’t long, otherwise I would have died of a heart attack because it was so real for me. 

It happened at the moment I was about to get up, when I get up I never was so scared like that moment. I couldn’t think well. I forgot a lot of things, my wife called me a taxi and I decided to go to the hospital to see my psychiatrist (I was diagnosed with depression). And I was afraid of forgetting where I was going. I was in shock.

At that time I didn’t know anything about meditation, or buddhism or anything. 

And it is now that knowing about others experiences that I understand that I was nothingness at that moment, but my mind wasn’t prepared for that.

I will post about it on the journal section of the forum, probably this weekend.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Water I'm fully with you when you say you want to face the fear,

as long as it means : acknowleging and accepting totaly the feeling.

But I don't think it's necessary to find out where it comes from  :)

not being able to express myself completly, like I did before...

My biggest fear is being cast away, banished, abandoned and being totally alone, in the dark for all eternity with no hope for salvation.

Edited by David1

7 hours ago, David1 said:

My biggest fear is being cast away, banished, abandoned and being totally alone, in the dark for all eternity with no hope for salvation.

Same that's mine as well. I was thinking as a means to overcome would be to live homeless for a while.

On 25-2-2016 at 11:22 PM, abrakamowse said:

I had a nightmare in which I was without any identity. I didn’t have past, no future, no history and everything was completely black. There was nothing there but me.

Yes, that's the feeling. But add to that...for all eternity with no hope for salvation. I don't know where this comes from, or who or what ever planted that idea in my head, but i feel that deep down it is there somewhere. Maybe abandonment issues from childhood? I'm not sure if i should work towards confronting this? I don't feel like it is hindering me. I don't have any trouble being by myself or anything. It is not so much 'fear' that this idea invokes, but a feeling of utter despair. And it is this feeling of utter despair that i fear.

36 minutes ago, Huz said:

Same that's mine as well. I was thinking as a means to overcome would be to live homeless for a while.

I don't think this would help me. This idea of total abandonment is not something that can happen to me as a human being. Because, as a human there is always death that can 'save' you from any unbearable situation.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world.

I dont have an strong fear but im a fearful person in my daily day life. Maybe thats my fear, being like this whole of my life. But Im convinced Ill change that because im very commit to it and already I have experienced big changes.

On 24/02/2016 at 1:04 PM, Ayla said:

Mercifully, fear has left this body/mind :) 

Wow! very impressive! How did you do that? :) 

23 hours ago, Muhammad said:

Wow! very impressive! How did you do that? :) 

I didn't do anything. Fear is just... a thought. Like Santa. Like green. Like Ayla, or Muhammad... 

;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

On 2/24/2016 at 7:36 PM, AHappyTeddyBear said:

How did you overcome the fear of death ? it would be interesting to hear you out !

why are you afraid of death? because you think it's the end? are you sure?

what helped me overcome this fear is realizing that death is NOT the end, I actually don't know what happens after death!
maybe it's the end maybe it's not, anything can happen after death, it's actually the number one mystery of our life!
And now I view death as a great mystery, like when i'm gonna die i'll be going on a great adventure, I don't where, I don't how, but all this mystery makes my heart sings, it gives meaning to my life. if I knew what happens after death, it would have make my life boring, so i'm quite happy about this mystery.

(seeing death as a mystery is an ideas I heard from Osho)

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

My greatest fear is to lose my identity. I am going very slowly in the path because of that fear.

Edit: I didn't see my early post, well... that confirm that this is my greatest fear.

:-P

Edited by abrakamowse
I noticed I already posted here Lol