Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobbyLowell

You can love without like right

7 posts in this topic

@BobbyLowell what is the difference between love and like anyways (not regarding the sexual aspect)?

I don't even get the line "I love you more" You just love, or don't. There's nothing in between.

With love, comes compassion and acceptance.

@Pelinlove is part of caring while like is part of approval/validation. Love makes the world go round, like does not. Love is usually stronger, love matters much much more 

@BobbyLowell I totally agree with this. Doesn't this refute your first question or what? :) 

words are words. listen to your feelings, they are a bit closer to the truth if at all. to me, there's no differentiation, maybe there is a differentiation between the concepts, but both of these make me feel the same way. I like/love things/people as if they are a part of me, or a part of everything that includes me. Come to think of it, there isn't even a place of no love to me. love is always there, and a term like "like" is not so necessary. 

Is it possible when you mean "love or like", you don't really embrace the terms, and you feel dissociated? What Leo suggested in one of the most recent videos was to check simple words' meanings that we take for granted. You made me think of these two words, and I'll go look up these in the languages I speak. Thanks for the insight. 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The questions are: How much do you accept them for who they are? How much are you able to trust them?

If you answer the first question with 100%, that means you love them unconditionally. It's like a mother loving her severely mentally ill child for the rest of his/her life and is willing to sacrifice her life for the child.

If both the questions are answered with 100%, that would be a very rare two-sided friendship. Eg. Best Friends Forever (BFF), Soulmates