DizIzMikey

Eyes Open Meditation

6 posts in this topic

Ever meditate with your eyes open and everything around you seems to be fading away? It is like everything is disappearing and this faint sense of love is appearing. I havent got to the point whete everything disappears just.. faintly it was odd,scary,cool and a good feeling.

Also... if i fail to do something for someone else do i fail to do it for myself? 

14 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

Ever meditate with your eyes open and everything around you seems to be fading away? It is like everything is disappearing and this faint sense of love is appearing. I havent got to the point whete everything disappears just.. faintly it was odd,scary,cool and a good feeling.

you dont realize how "addicted " you are to looking at things. any sort of drop in attention to objects around you may seem weird.

14 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

Also... if i fail to do something for someone else do i fail to do it for myself? 

i dont get the question.

34 minutes ago, 99th_monkey said:

you dont realize how "addicted " you are to looking at things. any sort of drop in attention to objects around you may seem weird.

i dont get the question

-----------------

If all is one under this illusion, and we are not really here, than i guess my question wouldnt make sense, but if we came here to experience ourselves with something other than a concept, than those who around us in a false sense is us, if i fail to do something for the illusion self, is that a statement to the universe of who I am, for all is one than no comparisons is to be made for something to be compared or "assessed" it needs something here and there. 

So if I have been selfish the entirety of my life.. have I failed? In the truest sense I think not now..gee what is the incentive to not be selfish? No matter what I do... the true self wins???? Pointless it seems

Edited by DizIzMikey

Be selfish, you're selfish anyways, even the illusion of doing things for others is in fact a selfish act (you do them for "your" own reasons) it has little to nothing to do with anyone else, even if you're delusional, I wouldn't stick with this one very long, destroy it and move on.

Probably you are referring to the 'depth of field' effect, when you meditate and eyes opened you have been probably focusing on an empty space in front of you, if you raise your hands but focusing on somewhere in space, your vision will become so blurry that thin objects will disappear, including your hand. the same way how you adjust the Camera focus when you shoot objects in contrast with the background.
If that's what you are referring to, It's a mental illusion that comes and go as you focus on objects.

But who told us that reality isn't already a mental illusion? isn't so interesting how mental focus can alter your entire reality, the only reason you see your hand when you raise it in a normal day is because you believe there is a hand, but when you shift your focus, there is no hand at least to our perception, which I think this is a good example of how our minds can emphasize and neglect whatever it believes.

Edited by Rufus

@Rufus When this happened I had an association with the feeling of love, very interesting to know, thank you Rufus.